What did you work on today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man! That sucks! At least she didn't go fast and tear up the fender/wheel well. I've heard some stories where people did that and the belts in the tire literally cut the fender off!

I just dropped my car off to get the tires tested again... 6700 miles on $1100's worth of tires. Has a shake that will not balance out. Remounted once, balanced 3 times... now at the shop to get some sort of road force test and tire depth test to try and get Continental to warranty them. I've had 4 sets of Continentals... this is the 2nd set that exhibited a shake that can't be fixed. I should have dealt with this when the 2nd balancing at a different shop didn't fix it... now I'm a year into it and haven't hardly driven the car (thanks to working from home), but every time I have to drive, I dread it. Really sucks, because I love the car! The weekend I got kicked out of the other bmx track, on my way home, it was the worse it's ever been. Don't know if it was the road or what, but 15 minutes into my drive home it shook the car so bad I had to pull over because I was about to vomit... and I had a full hour to drive yet!

Stupid tires.
$1100 tires ??? Holy Sh!t

My last set of super cheap tires from Walmart are still holding up a year later. It was a quick fix on a weekend. Had a big project starting the next day so I had to get a flat fixed. Long story short, tire was unrepairable so I said put the cheapest thing you got on. They sold me four tires installed for $350. This is a 3/4 ton work van. 10 ply tires.

Right as I was about to load the car and go to the park. My mom pulled up from work with this.View attachment 50950
But it gets even better, the spare tire also had its share of problems.
View attachment 50951View attachment 50952
Luckily we did have a donut that fit, went and got one plugged and a new one to throw on.

Still got to play around a bit in a lit up parking lot. So I still got to have my fun. I just wish she called me instead of driving it home like this ? <--- was my face when I seen her.
Yeah... Definitely should have towed... Depending on having AAA or distance... Most importantly is that she's ok??
Man! That sucks! At least she didn't go fast and tear up the fender/wheel well. I've heard some stories where people did that and the belts in the tire literally cut the fender off!

I just dropped my car off to get the tires tested again... 6700 miles on $1100's worth of tires. Has a shake that will not balance out. Remounted once, balanced 3 times... now at the shop to get some sort of road force test and tire depth test to try and get Continental to warranty them. I've had 4 sets of Continentals... this is the 2nd set that exhibited a shake that can't be fixed. I should have dealt with this when the 2nd balancing at a different shop didn't fix it... now I'm a year into it and haven't hardly driven the car (thanks to working from home), but every time I have to drive, I dread it. Really sucks, because I love the car! The weekend I got kicked out of the other bmx track, on my way home, it was the worse it's ever been. Don't know if it was the road or what, but 15 minutes into my drive home it shook the car so bad I had to pull over because I was about to vomit... and I had a full hour to drive yet!

Stupid tires.
What kind of car? Also doe's it start at a certain speed or gradually gets worse the faster you go?

What kind of car? Also doe's it start at a certain speed or gradually gets worse the faster you go?

2012 Chrysler 300c, 20" wheels. Becomes noticeable at 35-40mph, then mostly goes away by 70mph. Very noticeable when braking. Had all 4 rotors replaced once, the fronts replaced twice due to a defect, all in the past year. When it got stupidly bad the other day, I swear to god I thought I lost 4 out of 5 lugnuts on all 4 tires. Was like I was driving over 4x4's on the highway.

2012 Chrysler 300c, 20" wheels. Becomes noticeable at 35-40mph, then mostly goes away by 70mph. Very noticeable when braking. Had all 4 rotors replaced once, the fronts replaced twice due to a defect, all in the past year. When it got stupidly bad the other day, I swear to god I thought I lost 4 out of 5 lugnuts on all 4 tires. Was like I was driving over 4x4's on the highway.
Have they checked for wheels Bent? 20" rims and tires are very hard to balance sometimes but continentals are good tires. I have a set on one of my cars . If it goes away at a certain speed it's definitely a balance problem! Make them make it right or replace the set! ??

Have they checked for wheels Bent? 20" rims and tires are very hard to balance sometimes but continentals are good tires. I have a set on one of my cars . If it goes away at a certain speed it's definitely a balance problem! Make them make it right or replace the set! ??
I bought the tires online, had them installed at a place that put 3 of the 4 on backwards the first time... they took them off, redid them, then didn't rebalance. Gave up, took them to a place closer to home to rebalance, but was only marginally better. Hoping the tests they do either show the tires being messed up, or a bent rim... I'm just tired of driving a car that shakes. Doubt I'll buy online again, too much of a headache to save a few bucks when things go wrong.

I bought the tires online, had them installed at a place that put 3 of the 4 on backwards the first time... they took them off, redid them, then didn't rebalance. Gave up, took them to a place closer to home to rebalance, but was only marginally better. Hoping the tests they do either show the tires being messed up, or a bent rim... I'm just tired of driving a car that shakes. Doubt I'll buy online again, too much of a headache to save a few bucks when things go wrong.
There's different ways to balance a wheel/tire. The basic way os static balancing on a machine. Add weight to balance. Then there's road force balancing where they apply pressure to the tire/wheel and add weight. Then years ago(I've been out of the industry for a few years) they did shaving of the tire to "fine balance " the tire/ wheel assembly. You need to find a good reputable shop to do this. My recommendation is to just buy your tires at Costco or similar places. That way if there's an issue they can just replace tires to fix it!
There's different ways to balance a wheel/tire. The basic way os static balancing on a machine. Add weight to balance. Then there's road force balancing where they apply pressure to the tire/wheel and add weight. Then years ago(I've been out of the industry for a few years) they did shaving of the tire to "fine balance " the tire/ wheel assembly. You need to find a good reputable shop to do this. My recommendation is to just buy your tires at Costco or similar places. That way if there's an issue they can just replace tires to fix it!
I've been an automotive technician for 30 years... And the last 5 years been a service technician for automotive shops. Install, diagnosis of shop equipment.... Pumps, lifts, air compressors, brake lathes, tire machines etc... Doing electrical, plumbing etc...

First night on the bench with the new BB Typhon 3s. Tactic is in and operational and a brand new ADS-15 servo replaced the 7kg. Everything looks tight and ready for a maiden voyage.
20191016_220343.jpg

I gave up fighting, so I’d say it won. I don’t have enough fu€ks left today to diagnose the issue.
I know the feeling. 3D printer 1 - Jdilly 0. Reeeeeematch!

Bought an old tekno eb48.2 roller and put in
20191017_030701.jpg
20191017_030608.jpg
20191017_031810.jpg
a 4s system I wasnt using. Think I got 180$ in it. Pretty light buggy compared to my typhon. Kind of a mess to work on. It should have a better system in it but this is what I have on hand.

It was soldering day the other day..? but I've only just got round to posting this now...

Did all this stuff below, plus two of my own 6s batteries not in the picture..??

IMG_6622.jpeg

Note the neat cappack install on the Max8..???

I like to think I'm pretty good at soldering but I hate soldering batteries, especially 6s ones...!! One spark and I'd ?? my pants..?

Oh also none of this was mine, all done for a fellow basher friend of mine..??

Attachments

• IMG_1664.jpeg
    IMG_1664.jpeg
    337 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_7639.jpeg
    IMG_7639.jpeg
    284 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_2428.jpeg
    IMG_2428.jpeg
    429.1 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_9081.jpeg
    IMG_9081.jpeg
    320.9 KB · Views: 17
It was soldering day the other day..? but I've only just got round to posting this now...

Did all this stuff below, plus two of my own 6s batteries not in the picture..??

View attachment 51067

Note the neat cappack install on the Max8..???

I like to think I'm pretty good at soldering but I hate soldering batteries, especially 6s ones...!! One spark and I'd ?? my pants..?

Oh also none of this was mine, all done for a fellow basher friend of mine..??
Very cool of you!

Back