What did you work on today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's the one from Harbor Freight. They usually go for $80, which I think is too much, so I waited for it to go on sale, and I got it for about $65.

There are a few machinists and tool makers where I work that have boxes like that. I’ve always wanted one.

And done. Man this fan moves some serious air on 7V. I don’t think I need to worry about debris getting in the heat sink anymore. It moves so much air I don’t think it can enter.

9C210C5A-C73E-42B4-9D40-33E776FCBB50.jpeg

Moved it @SrC and it fixed it just as you said it would. Had a major duh moment when I really looked at it lol.

E05F4D90-2026-40D4-B30A-87766BD0E217.jpeg

There are a few machinists and tool makers where I work that have boxes like that. I’ve always wanted one.

And done. Man this fan moves some serious air on 7V. I don’t think I need to worry about debris getting in the heat sink anymore. It moves so much air I don’t think it can enter.

View attachment 61239

Moved it @SrC and it fixed it just as you said it would. Had a major duh moment when I really looked at it lol.

View attachment 61240

So how many thumbs up for the WTF fans? I knew of them but never used them.

View attachment 61239

View attachment 61240

A "real" wood toolbox like that goes for several hundred smackeroos, or more, and I can't justify it. This one is about "3/4 Scale" of what I call a "real" one, and the drawers aren't very deep. My Dad was a Machinist, then a Tool & Die Maker, then a manufacturer's rep fro Bridgeport, so I've seen plenty of REAL wood Machinist's tool boxes.

The drawers also pull out waaay too easily, and you dump the contents.

For $80 they cost too much. For $65, I'll grab another one if I see it.....

I've owned a couple WTF fans and I like em. I don't think I have any at the moment / sold the rigs they were installed on but I'll buy more in time. They do (as shown) easily mount to the 1:8 easy Yeah Racing sink and what I had em on when I sold the Revo2. I'm pretty sure I bought the Blow Harder model ones but haven't tried the Windy Trumpet yet. I would recommend them. The YR fans failed pretty quick for me even though the Revo didn't see near the action or impact that my Arrma trucks take in stride.

Well, I only have experience with this one, The Windy Trumpet 30mm and it has been a pretty durable fan. I have somewhere between 15-20 packs on it and it has survived some good tumbles. I don’t know what this says exactly but it outlasted the fan on my MMX mounted like this in the below pic. I had to readjust the bracket a couple times because it was hit.

Oh, and I do let them run for an hour or so to break it in. I think WTF says to run it for 3 hours or something like that before using it. I guess the seat the bearings? I have a battery I use for that kind of stuff. Just plug it in and walk away.

7090EF88-F991-487D-981B-39818713BA75.jpeg

I will see if I can post a video tonight to show the air velocity out of the sides on the shroud.

Started doing some needed maintenance on my Kraton. Replacing the Fast Eddy bearings with Jim's as the FE ones were getting gritty. No reason on brand change, just checking them out.

Replacing all fluids while I'm at it and checking diffs for wear. Gonna put in the HR modular diff case in the center, don't like how hot the plastic one was getting.

And of course, cleaning the crap out of it and giving it some new legs. Going with the Copperhead 2 ones.

WELL......I was working on the Senton, then the dog came up to the workbench, dropped her ball at my feet, and gave me one of those "PLEEEEASE Play With Me!" looks, so we went out and played ball for a while.

Back to my Senton, which is ready to power test after the battery charges.

Later today I'm going to put my new Limitless on the bench and drool over it some more.....

So I finally took the time to do away with the light blue heatshrink tubing I put on my motor cables because I hated it the second it was on but at the time i didn’t think I had anything else. Then I remember I had this stuff! (About a year later lol)

Before

B1E9F755-C9EF-445F-A82D-85B14053EEF3.jpeg

After

DB86A026-B848-4CCB-8736-E83AEB5AEED1.jpeg

795FC7CF-A86D-483A-9DBB-BE785A491EDA.jpeg

3A06E597-E1CB-49EA-920D-04ED6F324B5B.jpeg

Last edited:
So I finally took the time to do away with the light blue heatshrink tubing I put on my motor cables because I hated it the second it was on but at the time i didn’t think I had anything else. Then I remember I had this stuff! (About a year later lol)

Before

View attachment 61347

After

View attachment 61348

View attachment 61349

View attachment 61350
Hockey tape? I have lots of hockey tape! I'm gonna make mine look just like yours with lots and lots of hockey tape. Thanks @Mongoose ?

Replaced motor bearings in kraton 4s ,brcc n typhon 3s. Yahoo the bread trick is the only way to go to get the bearings out. I was skeptical but that sh!t works great???
What whaaat! When did I miss the "bread" trick? Link me, link me now!

Google it. How to get bearings out with bread. It really works awesome
Guy does it on blk motor too?
Beginning my search for the elusive bread trick now

Beginning my search for the elusive bread trick now
I can't find the damn thing now. I think it was actually from the arrma forum
@Mikelarsen77 has a post in here that explains the proces. ? the bread trick. take fresh bread and roll into little balls that fit inside the center of the bearing. use a 2x4 board to tap the motor shaft down into the hole to compress the bread. be sure to use the side of the shaft that DOES NOT have the flat side. Remember, don't hammer it.....and you don't have to smash it all the way down until you have several pieces compacted in the hole. keep tapping, add a piece of bread, tap, add a piece, tap add a piece. Like magic, the bearing will start to lift out of the hole and when youre done, youll end up with a little hard bearing replica made of bread, and the original bearing in your hand. the bread basically employs hydrolic displacing force while not being a liquid that will just leak out. If you do hammer too hard, the bread will squeeze past the shaft and bearing and youll have to start again. Also, this will only work best if you haven't already destroyed, or removed the inner race of the bearing in a failed attempt at removing. THERE IS NO need to drill a hole in the end cap of the motor....... if you do, you only weaken it and youll end up having more problems in the future.

Last edited:
I can't find the damn thing now. I think it was actually from the arrma forum
@Mikelarsen77 has a post in here that explains the process
I learned how to take out the pilot bearing with bread, a bolt and a hammer on a Suzuki Samurai transmission though. I feel smarter now, so win win. I'll search out through Mike's posts to see what else I can learn.??

I learned how to take out the pilot bearing with bread, a bolt and a hammer on a Suzuki Samurai transmission though. I feel smarter now, so win win. I'll search out through Mike's posts to see what else I can learn.??
I just watched the video yesterday now I can’t find it?

Back