What did you work on today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cleaned up a stock tamiya tt01 to use to introduce a mate's son to the world of RC this weekend. I installed the Spectrum transmitter from an Outcast 6S so I could manage the throttle range for him. Also put a GoPro mount on the body so he can have a video of his first run.

Ready for dipping once it warms up a little.....?
3DDC7984-DA97-4716-A830-05AEF5BE8127.jpeg

Well here it is a Hot Bodies D8T/HPI Vorza hybrid @jym73

Still need to find some wheels/tires, a body, body mounts and some M5 screws for the battery tray.

20200113_234203.jpg

20200113_234224.jpg

20200113_234250.jpg

20200114_173833.jpg
I got a chance to get in the shop today but no time for myself. I told a local politician's young son I would fix his Dukono truck. Wouldn't steer left or right he said....funny..just like his dad. I don't like politicians at all (who would want that job?,) but it's not the kid's fault. So anyway I fixed it for the boy.
Not a bad truck for brushed and I like my Redcat MT10E but this ain't that and ain't a Granite. I may give him a lipo because it's on NiMH. We'll see.

View attachment 60985I got a chance to get in the shop today but no time for myself. I told a local politician's young son I would fix his Dukono truck. Wouldn't steer left or right he said....funny..just like his dad. I don't like politicians at all (who would want that job?,) but it's not the kid's fault. So anyway I fixed it for the boy.
Not a bad truck for brushed and I like my Redcat MT10E but this ain't that and ain't a Granite. I may give him a lipo because it's on NiMH. We'll see.
From the little bit of research I have done on the Dukono is its better than the Volcano and Blackout but nothing like the MT10E.

From the little bit of research I have done on the Dukono is its better than the Volcano and Blackout but nothing like the MT10E.
It's not bad at all and easy to work on but doesn't have power so I don't love driving it. Cant do a wheelstand as it is but I like the tires and could also use steering upgrade. I'm not gonna pay for that for him unless his momma cooks me dinner when daddy isn't home.

79FEB17D-6725-45E3-9304-DBE180BB5C4A.jpeg
Been wanting to swap the fan on my MMX for a while because the stock fan sucks and I broke a blade on it. I’m doing it the way @0verkill documented. Take the MMX fan shroud off, cut the X portion out and adapt your fan to the shroud.

I used a piece of 1/8” lexan as the adapter and used Great Planes CA glue to glue it to the shroud and then used Bob Smith IC2000 in the corners to kinda act as a fillet weld. I once I know everything is good I will drill 2 more holes in the lexan and clamp it to the shroud with some zip ties

43501B53-C784-4851-803F-1C4F580CD5E2.jpeg

84FFD1FC-59E3-4728-9657-71A0EA0E12CA.jpeg

D5AB9558-EA54-46BC-AD4A-B4155CD769D0.jpeg

E978A701-4A2A-469A-8EC6-81C335242FF0.jpeg

94D4FC9D-0561-4914-81D4-8A4F326A298A.jpeg

E7FD6C2F-5888-4B38-B36E-E73CD131B1E3.jpeg

I mic’d the hole spacing on the fan laid the pattern out in CAD and printed the pattern in mylar to transfer drill them since I only cut the lexan on a saw and none of the edges are too straight.

Still need to finish it up but this is where it is right now.

25A10135-3081-4326-865B-5F4B114BBCA3.jpeg

4C7B16B7-8994-411E-8F22-A246C0311980.jpeg

E3C1ECE7-122A-4ADF-AD02-4484AE36210A.jpeg

View attachment 61019Been wanting to swap the fan on my MMX for a while because the stock fan sucks and I broke a blade on it. I’m doing it the way @0verkill documented. Take the MMX fan shroud off, cut the X portion out and adapt your fan to the shroud.

I used a piece of 1/8” lexan as the adapter and used Great Planes CA glue to glue it to the shroud and then used Bob Smith IC2000 in the corners to kinda act as a fillet weld. I once I know everything is good I will drill 2 more holes in the lexan and clamp it to the shroud with some zip ties

View attachment 61009

View attachment 61010

View attachment 61011

View attachment 61012

View attachment 61013

View attachment 61014

I mic’d the hole spacing on the fan laid the pattern out in CAD and printed the pattern in mylar to transfer drill them since I only cut the lexan on a saw and none of the edges are too straight.

View attachment 61015

View attachment 61016

View attachment 61017
Just a FYI, if your fan sucks, it’s upside down ???✌?

View attachment 61019Been wanting to swap the fan on my MMX for a while because the stock fan sucks and I broke a blade on it. I’m doing it the way @0verkill documented. Take the MMX fan shroud off, cut the X portion out and adapt your fan to the shroud.

View attachment 61009

View attachment 61010

View attachment 61011

View attachment 61012

View attachment 61013

View attachment 61014

View attachment 61015

View attachment 61016

View attachment 61017
Going through all that work, you would probably be better served by using an aluminum fan. I can't remember the size of the fan though... I was in a hurry when I replaced the fan on my mxx in my savage.
2020-0114-SavageFlux-ESCFan.jpg

I don't air it out nearly as much as my ERBEv2 and Outcast 6S, so I don't tear fans up in it very often anyway. The one this replaced was howling.

View attachment 61009

View attachment 61010

View attachment 61011

View attachment 61012

View attachment 61013

View attachment 61014

View attachment 61015

View attachment 61016

View attachment 61017
Nice work. I'll just order mine from you. I'd only mess it up trying to do it myself.?

Going through all that work, you would probably be better served by using an aluminum fan. I can't remember the size of the fan though... I was in a hurry when I replaced the fan on my mxx in my savage.
2020-0114-SavageFlux-ESCFan.jpg

I don't air it out nearly as much as my ERBEv2 and Outcast 6S, so I don't tear fans up in it very often anyway. The one this replaced was howling.

I agree. I do have an aluminum HR fan in red I could put on it but I was kinda wanting to save it for my Typhon. Plus I had this one already on the motor on this rig and decided to protect the ESC rather than the motor. I will eventually add some fans back to the motor though. Did you drill and tap the holes in the heat sink? I was debating doing that because I don’t know how hard of a hit this will withstand. Always fun to tinker.

I agree. I do have an aluminum HR fan in red I could put on it but I was kinda wanting to save it for my Typhon. Plus I had this one already on the motor on this rig and decided to protect the ESC rather than the motor. I will eventually add some fans back to the motor though. Did you drill and tap the holes in the heat sink? I was debating doing that because I don’t know how hard of a hit this will withstand. Always fun to tinker.
No, I just bent a few of the fins towards each other and used screws that were large enough to get some bite on them.

The alloy fans I ordered, arrived to replace the broken plastic fans. Screwed them to the Yeah racing heat sink. They seem well made and look good. Hopefully they last longer.

20200116_203027.jpg

20200116_191555.jpg

20200116_191625.jpg

Mounted. I'm going to run some zip ties through the other 2 holes. Going to order some order the protectors @Warby linked. I took this chance to clean up my MMX as well. The heat-sink is deep and you'd be surprise how much grass gets down there which mitigates the fan and heat-sink effectiveness.

IMG_2148.jpg

Nothing quite as ambitious as what you guys are doing, but I have some "Work-In-Progress".

Waiting for things to get here to start my Limitless build, and the VTA car is running fine, so I cleaned up the "Hobby Bench" and started bringing down all the bits and pieces to put my Senton back together.

DSC_1809.JPG

Project for tonight is to finish up these bad boys, get them back in the chassis, then continue the reassembly.

DSC_1810.JPG

Before it got too cold in the garage, I had the Senton torn down far enough to replace all the bearings, and then I spent quite a bit of time experimenting with the differentials. I suppose I should go update my build thred, since I'm moving forward on it again.

Back