What did you work on today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well Friday is race day so we got lots to do 😂

20240501_104131.jpg

Looks like total train wreck but it's a 4th axis indexer for a VMC mill. Belt gave up. Finally found a replacement. Discontinued indexer model. It's torn down to get to the belt, new one (gray) laying in pic. HD, no stretch, coolant proof. Technology has come a long way. It'll outlast the rest of this 20 year old thing

20240501_115827.jpg

20240501_120307.jpg

The belt goes in from the bottom of the unit. Side taken apart, control cables laid over. I'll get it back working. Looks like a hot mess rn

Getting the Asuga ready for action. Kinda proud of the antenna tube solution. 😁

View attachment 363741
Are those the original tires? They're hobby shop has one for like $359 pretty tempting. Can you just put bigger 3.8 tires on that bad boy? It's either an Asuga, or an M2C chassis for my K6S XL 🤔

Really and why would you put supports for the antenna’s

Just in case if it ever flips and eats concrete/dirt...
so to give it some re-enforcement to preventing the antenna(S) from getting ripped out/off at the root
right at the base of your metal mount.

Just a thought..

Are those the original tires? They're hobby shop has one for like $359 pretty tempting. Can you just put bigger 3.8 tires on that bad boy? It's either an Asuga, or an M2C chassis for my K6S XL 🤔
Yep, it's stock, right down to the tires. And I have seen pics and vids of these running with 3.8s, I'd imagine all you'd need to do is run lower gearing. It's a really solid rig.

Looks like total train wreck but it's a 4th axis indexer for a VMC mill. Belt gave up. Finally found a replacement. Discontinued indexer model. It's torn down to get to the belt, new one (gray) laying in pic. HD, no stretch, coolant proof. Technology has come a long way. It'll outlast the rest of this 20 year old thing

View attachment 363952

View attachment 363953

The belt goes in from the bottom of the unit. Side taken apart, control cables laid over. I'll get it back working. Looks like a hot mess rn
:unsure:..... My gf is a hot mess rn but looks nothing like that.

Aqua therapy today. Went boating south on the St. Johns River. It's alligator mating season now and I swear we seen at least 75 gators on the river. Males are scouting out females and are very aggressive. Most did not even flinch as the boat went buy. A select few jumped right out of the water near the boat scaring the hell out of us. Been running this river for 9 years and never seen anything like it!!

Aqua therapy today. Went boating south on the St. Johns River. It's alligator mating season now and I swear we seen at least 75 gators on the river. Males are scouting out females and are very aggressive. Most did not even flinch as the boat went buy. A select few jumped right out of the water near the boat scaring the hell out of us. Been running this river for 9 years and never seen anything like it!!
Do ya bring a big stick, an oar, or something to wack em on the head if they try and board the vessel.

Maybe you need a train horn..? 😉

Do ya bring a big stick, an oar, or something to wack em on the head if they try and board the vessel.

Maybe you need a train horn..? 😉
I do need your train horn! Lol. I could blast them into the Atlantic. I need to carry an oar or something yes, cuz boat literally sits right on the water. You can easily just stick your arm in the water while in your seat. Good thing is the outboard tends to scare them but today they were exceptionally bold.

Aqua therapy today. Went boating south on the St. Johns River. It's alligator mating season now and I swear we seen at least 75 gators on the river. Males are scouting out females and are very aggressive. Most did not even flinch as the boat went buy.

A select few jumped right out of the water near the boat scaring the hell out of us. Been running this river for 9 years and never seen anything like it!!
I do need your train horn! Lol. I could blast them into the Atlantic. I need to carry an oar or something yes, cuz boat literally sits right on the water. You can easily just stick your arm in the water while in your seat. Good thing is the outboard tends to scare them but today they were exceptionally bold.

Uhmm.. sir.
You better carry something stronger than an oar...**

Do NOT feed the wildlife!

Them gators Ain't pet-store sizes....
Gator GIF by 901fpv

troy landry history GIF

swamp people reaction gif GIF

(Gud Damn that would scare to piss out of me.)

**A shotgun easily comes to mind..

Uhmm.. sir.
You better carry something stronger than an oar...**

Do NOT feed the wildlife!

Them gators Ain't pet-store sizes....
Gator GIF by 901fpv

troy landry history GIF

swamp people reaction gif GIF

(Gud Damn that would scare to piss out of me.)

**A shotgun easily comes to mind..
Choot em Jacob, choot em!!

shot splash GIF by Swamp People

View attachment 363952

View attachment 363953

I got the 4th axis back together. Oldie but a goodie. This old VMC is ready for some more. Did some test cuts, 90° intervals, perfect.

20240502_144045.jpg

Back