What did you work on today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Put another one of those sh!t tiny gear boxes on the back of my sh!tty Arrma because it broke while I was just rolling it down the driveway and not driving 60 mph, losing control and smacking it into a curb. Nope, just rolling it down the driveway and pop, broken gearbox. Will I ever get back the 20 minutes it takes to do this kind of swap on these overly complicated and outdated designs? I think not Arrma. You know, if they would just retool the whole line with bigger gearboxes, then guys like me who just roll them down the driveway, wouldn't have to worry about them breaking anymore. Think I'll just find a forum of like minded people to see what they think. Oh, and I added some Hot Racing hub nuts so it looks bada$$ rolling down the driveway and not going 60 mph down the road on stock electronics with a 16 tooth pinion on a stretched EXB chassis and smallish tires. Only an idiot would buy Arrma when there's so many other amazing brands like New Bright out there. Who even likes these Typhon sacks of sh!t?
View attachment 100376

You guys really just make me shake my head sometimes........... I'm not trying to be a jerk but seriously you all need grow up. :rolleyes:

Finally finished my Axial Capra build. Come to find out crawling is not really my style ?? but also found out today one of my dogs likes to chase the RC around the yard. ?
BB26CEFD-841D-482A-9559-3DEB85ED2E45.jpeg
39F24205-1D30-4681-8D52-DADE76B83AFE.jpeg

After taking the Noto/Outie on a double construction site bash yesterday, had to give it a pretty good hose down when I got home. I usually put in on a big block of 6 x 6 timber and let the truck run at quarter throttle while I do. Well, the motor locked up while i was cleaning it. Turned out to be a seized bearing on the pinion side of the motor. Luckily, I keep all the old front and back caps from old motors that have fried, so a quick clean up, bearing switch, and motor is back up and running like a top. Here's what the truck looked like during the bash. Two packs of ridiculously hard bashing and the only other thing that went wrong, was a nut came off a front shock standoff. This was run #1 after a complete rebuild. No shelf queens in my fleet.
20200919_174123.jpg
20200919_163818.jpg
20200919_171605.jpg

Lowered or broken... either way it looks sick..?
It's running low as intended. Backflip Lp tires help there for sure. Running it down low like this makes it way easier to handle on loose terrain plus it reacts better of ramps when jumping. Look at it like a truggified Typhon with bigger towers. Droop screws are set to allow the arms to stay flat at rest.

You guys cut it out, nothing here but ham and cheese! ?

A little Hot Racing bling in the wheel department and some muscle form M2C Racing in the shock tower area.
20200920_233940.jpg
20200920_233644.jpg

Back