What would you like to see on V4 Arrmas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the 6s line- kit option! I'll take full kit or 80% option.

For the 3s line - upgrade shocks, hubs, bumpers, u-joints.
Yeah shocks where terrible. I wouldn’t recommend jumps to anyone new especially if this is their first RC. I broke 3 suspension arms, all shocks, 4 axles after having upgraded, front and rear bumper are a joke, changing wheels is harder then unscrewing and screwing in, the tool for stock tires (wrench) plastic is no good at all. Mega slipper nut melts too easily (swap go Metal?) availability of slipper parts sucks. Expressing spur and pinion gearing option should definitely be looked into. Drive shaft is awesome and easy but tight and constricted. Motor mount removal is cool but once she’s dirty, pry central. The list goes on.

Nailed it on the sealed bearings. Thats definitely a top priority for me. I will say, these non sealed ones are still going strong.

And what don't think that would cost??

These trucks are pretty damn good as is. Bearings would be nice but you are still going to replace them when they wear so not a deal breaker. Thicker/stronger chassis and shock towers would be nice depending on the process increase. Maybe just add a top plate. Agree with a better servo saver.

The bottom line is they need to keep these trucks proceed around what they currently are.

Oh - metal shock caps for the Typhon.
I don't think it would cost a ton more to start with it better. Aside from the alloy braces.

Instead of the nicely milled motor mount they provide, just go a bit further and design it better. Using thicker stock for towers can't increase the overall cost that much. It's not like they are making the original parts, then throwing them away and making the better parts like we buy aftermarket. Bearings, fine, can upgrade that later as well as the center diff top piece, but the front brace should bet alloy for helping wick away heat from the bearing.

The stock arrma motor mount list price is $35. The hot racing one is $38. That alone would really make the maintenance a lot better. The hot racing tower at 6mm is $35 vs $30 for the stamped aluminum OEM one. I'm fine with stamped, just make it a bit thicker.

Shocks is just a matter of drilling holes smaller to work with thinner oil. No real cost there.

I don't think I was asking for the moon. Another $15 per truck... totally worth it to make it better for those 3 things alone. Arrma tough and easier to work on and tune? Kind of sells itself. :)

Servo mount really needs to be alloy. Stock one is way too flexible. It affects the driving experience. For the rest... It's all about durability.

To be honest nothing? 1 what would the price be 2 what would we have too complain about

To be honest nothing? 1 what would the price be 2 what would we have too complain about
This. If you look at most RTRs, they come with 3mm shock towers. Arrma uses 5mm. IMHO the only way to make them significantly stronger would be to used milled 7k series aluminum. But that would add probably $200 to the price.

Safe bet that the v3 will include Spektrum/Dynamite/Fuse electronics. That will be the big change for v3. This is also why I would want a 80% kit.

This. If you look at most RTRs, they come with 3mm shock towers. Arrma uses 5mm. IMHO the only way to make them significantly stronger would be to used milled 7k series aluminum. But that would add probably $200 to the price.

Safe bet that the v3 will include Spektrum/Dynamite/Fuse electronics. That will be the big change for v3. This is also why I would want a 80% kit.
. . . & that would be end of me sending in warranties since I would pull the electronics on day one & ebay them. I already dump the servos. I better buy a few more tactic systems for the future. The garbage that came with my DBXL-e was simply a POS. I sold that & the power system in a matter of hours. I usually go cheap on ebay with junk that I think is worthless :ROFLMAO:

-sealed bearings
-motor mount with more adjustment
-1mm thicker chassis
-stronger servo and servo mount
-metal center diff housing

ROLLERS at a decent price

bare bone ARTR

or a kit race version

Counter sunk chassis, cnc braces, multiple body color choices

Would not hurt a recurrent ARRMA customer, silver gold membership and who know seasonal discounts, or flash sales

ROLLERS at a decent price

bare bone ARTR

or a kit race version

Counter sunk chassis, cnc braces, multiple body color choices

Would not hurt a recurrent ARRMA customer, silver gold membership and who know seasonal discounts, or flash sales

Great idea. Rollers!!

1, How about a high end race Talion to compete with those Tekno, Mugen, TA types and shut them up for good:D
2, Nitro...kidding...well sort of.

Does this exist in any r/c brand and a price that isn't eye watering ?

No to be fair, certainly not for an RTR.

For me, 7075 chassis, cnc towers, proper servo mount and proper bearings. Sell it as a bind n drive to offset upgrades. I’d pay $550.00 for that all day.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back