Xmaxx questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems like any serious Basher has both a o8s and XMax. I don’t see owning either one, but I love the contrast. And no, there’s not a Traxxas I want to own.

Seems like any serious Basher has both a o8s and XMax. I don’t see owning either one, but I love the contrast. And no, there’s not a Traxxas I want to own.
Drive an xmaxx and then say that lol

Arrma or nothing? I am. Til....

That's actually quite a useless comment. Of course you are free to speak your mind but i'd say keep it open.
There's a lot of other good stuff out there besides Arrma.

Last edited:
Hey so in regards to the proline beadlocks and badlands. Is it just the tires that are too heavy, the wheels, or both?
Are they heavy as the 3.8 duratrax are for the 6s lineup? Thanks.

Hey so in regards to the proline beadlocks and badlands. Is it just the tires that are too heavy, the wheels, or both?
Are they heavy as the 3.8 duratrax are for the 6s lineup? Thanks.
They are way bigger and heavier than any 3.8 tire. I didn't like the badlands. They are too hard and heavy. I don't know about the trenchers. The look very heavy to me. I much prefer the Duratrax lockups x 24mm belted tires. Cheaper, lighter. They just have to be reglued once in a while. I've cracked two of those rims only on the Duratrax. One of them was hitting a curb at full speed. I mentioned that because some people say the rims crack easily. I've used duratrax for many months

Diffs definitely hold up. Not as overbuilt as K8S, but absolutely hold up. They break if you break the bulkhead and the gears fall out of mesh. Good electronics are the stock ones. If your ESC grenades, put in a max6 and keep the stock motor. If you’re picking up a used one make sure you’re not buying a ragged out pos. Should be a fun rig. Also no on the arrmaforum nobody’s saying the xmaxx is a better vehicle than the K8s.
I have a K6s and not 8s and xmaxx WAYYYY better!

They are way bigger and heavier than any 3.8 tire. I didn't like the badlands. They are too hard and heavy. I don't know about the trenchers. The look very heavy to me. I much prefer the Duratrax lockups x 24mm belted tires. Cheaper, lighter. They just have to be reglued once in a while. I've cracked two of those rims only on the Duratrax. One of them was hitting a curb at full speed. I mentioned that because some people say the rims crack easily. I've used duratrax for many months
I guess I was wondering if they are just heavy or break parts like when using larger tires on the arrma 6s lineup.

I guess I was wondering if they are just heavy or break parts like when using larger tires on the arrma 6s lineup.
I'm not sure sure about the trenchers, but the badlands are super stiff. They tend to break more stuff because they have absolutely no give. People that have used the badlands on the 8s Arrmas agree with that from what I've read. The trenchers are very expensive and they are even bigger than the badlands, so I'm assuming that they are heavier?

I'm not sure sure about the trenchers, but the badlands are super stiff. They tend to break more stuff because they have absolutely no give. People that have used the badlands on the 8s Arrmas agree with that from what I've read. The trenchers are very expensive and they are even bigger than the badlands, so I'm assuming that they are heavier?
Thanks. That's what I needed to hear. Most all the used ones I see either have stock or the badlands.

New proline body ready to go. I put gorilla tape around the bed area and added the Traxxas protective stuff on it. I messed up the stickers because I forgot to remove the protective film 🤣🤷

20210904_155003.jpg
20210904_155126.jpg
20210904_154958.jpg

Well as of 5pm today I will be joining the Xmaxx crowd. Found a deal I could pass on. Darn near new Xmaxx.
It doesn't take much to make them bullet proof. don't go out and buy all the upgrades and hopups. They are not needed. I have 2 of them and they have never once let me down. I'm intrigued to know what you got out of your deal? And idea what if anything has been done to it? Do you know if it was a 6s or 8s version?

It doesn't take much to make them bullet proof. don't go out and buy all the upgrades and hopups. They are not needed. I have 2 of them and they have never once let me down. I'm intrigued to know what you got out of your deal? And idea what if anything has been done to it? Do you know if it was a 6s or 8s version?
$400 all stock 1 year old lime green 8s xmaxx. Stock tires and duratrax tires. 4s batts.

IMG_20210906_202512.jpg

IMG_20210906_165420_01.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back