SCT410.3 build the Hekno Tekno

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you @KnowAir . I didn't know about these.
We've been discussing SCT410 stuff on several threads and on both AF and TF, so it's a little scatter-brained :ROFLMAO:
If you're interested in more SCT talk LOL:
https://www.teknoforums.com/threads/conversion-mt410-to-sct410-3-for-most-durable-sct.2816/

The "narrow" hex's take off the extra 7ish mm (per side) that the 17mm buggy hex's add in width. I was pretty sure that most buggy tires were more positively offset than SCT tires (which are closer to 0 offset usually) so I originally thought that the buggy hex's with buggy tires would actually be pretty close to the SCT normal width (only a few mm off). But it could be we're talking about apples to oranges comparison since every single tire/wheel combo is likely slightly different. Suffice it to say that the "narrow" 17mm hex should reduce width if you're overall setup is too wide with buggy tires. FWIW, the "narrow" hex's still need the super light buggy axles, potentially the CV rebuild kit, and wheel nuts. Which is why it all gets expensive. In one of the other SCT410 threads, knowair talked about finding a traxxas set that may fit on the stock SCT410 axles. If you already have the 17mm buggy hex's like me, then you only need to buy the "narrow" hex. You should already have everything else from the 17mm buggy hex kit.

Hopefully the hex's that @KnowAir found and is going to test out will work just as well for a fraction of the cost!

Last edited:
We've been discussing SCT410 stuff on several threads and on both AF and TF, so it's a little scatter-brained :ROFLMAO:
If you're interested in more SCT talk LOL:
https://www.teknoforums.com/threads/conversion-mt410-to-sct410-3-for-most-durable-sct.2816/

The "narrow" hex's take off the extra 7ish mm that the 17mm buggy hex's add in width. I was pretty sure that most buggy tires were more positively offset than SCT tires (which are closer to 0 offset usually) so I originally thought that the buggy hex's with buggy tires would actually be pretty close to the SCT normal width (only a few mm off). But it could be we're talking about apples to oranges comparison since every single tire/wheel combo is likely slightly different. Suffice it to say that the "narrow" 17mm hex should reduce width if you're overall setup is too wide with buggy tires. FWIW, the "narrow" hex's still need the super light buggy axles, potentially the CV rebuild kit, and wheel nuts. Which is why it all gets expensive. In the TF thread, knowair found a traxxas set that may fit on the stock SCT410 axles. If you already have the 17mm buggy hex's like me, then you only need to buy the "narrow" hex. you should already have everything else.

Hopefully the hex's that @KnowAir found and is going to test out will work just as well for a fraction of the cost!
Thanks. I’ve been thinking about a 17mm conversion but it’s just so expensive.

Thanks. I’ve been thinking about a 17mm conversion but it’s just so expensive.
I hear ya!! I'm chronically cheap, so I'm always on the hunt,LOL. I've found some other options too..

Screenshot_20221014-124524_Samsung Internet.jpg

Ordered LOL
TBH, I found em even cheaper on AliEx, but the site was down, so I couldn't get a screenshot, lol.
No matter, slow boat from China.. was under $10 tho🤣🤣
Yeah i'd wait to see what @KnowAir finds with his testing. If it works, it'll definitely be the cheapest route to 17mm. Only $12 if it works!

Post from here:
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/hector_fisher-builds-a-sct410-3-and-stuff.55951/post-822401
One thing I've read on these is the screw pins are weak. I'll give em a shot and see. I figure if I have problems with the pins, I can source some quality 2.5mm pins, cut to length, and use a standard grub screw to capture them in the hub..
Time will tell.
In other news, now I feel the need to buy some buggy tires!! HaHa.. I currently only own one set and they're in use on an Xray buggy..

Last edited:
TBH, I found em even cheaper on AliEx, but the site was down, so I couldn't get a screenshot, lol.
No matter, slow boat from China.. was under $10 tho🤣🤣
Eh, I can afford spending a few extra bucks to get it sooner than 6 months from now :LOL:

Hoping the threads on those included screws mesh with the ones I have on the RC.

My rears tuck just right but the front definitely do not. I'm getting 11 15/16" front width with these unknown buggy wheels.

View attachment 250013

View attachment 250014
Yeah I was also just shy of 12in with my setup and duratrax buggy wheels. Seems about on par. I don't plan on getting the narrow hex's right away (since everything currently works fine and its not rubbing on the body). But eventually I will, especially when I start looking at different bodies.

Eh, I can afford spending a few extra bucks to get it sooner than 6 months from now :LOL:

Hoping the threads on those included screws mesh with the ones I have on the RC.
Good question, I think they'll be standard 6mm threads, hope so. The only issue I have had with thread compatibility is with the TRX 12mm wheel nuts(17mm wrench size) TRX uses a courser thread than Arrma,Tekno, ect..

I'd be interested in doing just the front. I still haven't ran it with these wheels but it definitely appears the lid will slice these up on front landings.
Yeah, that's no bueno. Tires are expensive enough without something silly like that ruining them prematurely.
Have y’all seen any good non-SCT bodies for it?
Anybody tried RC Comet? I stumbled onto a 2019 thread on AF about them, so I did some searching. Sounds great, although some may not care for the styling. I just want the most durable bodies I can afford. Have a look..
https://rccomet.com/sct-bodies

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221014-132907_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20221014-132907_Samsung Internet.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Since I frequently swap to the wide 107 hoons, I don't think any body is going to fit over top if those. So next summer when I run the hoons more I might pick up one of these
https://www.prolineracing.com/produ...ja-bug-clear-body-short-course/PRO323863.html
Proline has some other sweet "narrow" SCT bodies like this that are worth looking into (ie, they are SCT but aren't your typical SCT full coverage).
Yeah, that's no bueno. Tires are expensive enough without something silly like that ruining them prematurely.

Anybody tried RC Comet? I stumbled onto a 2019 thread on AF about them, so I did some searching. Sounds great, although some may not care for the styling. I just want the most durable bodies I can afford. Have a look..
https://rccomet.com/sct-bodies
Never seen them before, but it looks good!
Good question, I think they'll be standard 6mm threads, hope so. The only issue I have had with thread compatibility is with the TRX 12mm wheel nuts(17mm wrench size) TRX uses a courser thread than Arrma,Tekno, ect..
I remember I had an issue when I tried to swap wheel/tires on my Bullet/Big Rock. Nuts just wouldn't engage the same way on the other trucks axles and didn't want to cross thread or gall, so I didn't force it. But they go on super easy on their own respective axles.

Last edited:
Uh, so sorry @dure16 .. I totally Duff'd that one.."NON SCT" My bad🤪
Since I frequently swap to the wide 107 hoons, I don't think any body is going to fit over top if those. So next summer when I run the hoons more I might pick up one of these
https://www.prolineracing.com/produ...ja-bug-clear-body-short-course/PRO323863.html
Proline has some other sweet "narrow" SCT bodies like this that are worth looking into (ie, they are SCT but aren't your typical SCT full coverage).

Never seen them before, but it looks good!

I remember I had an issue when I tried to swap wheel nuts on my Bullet/Big Rock. Just wouldn't engage the same way and didn't want to cross thread or gall, so I didn't force it. But they go OK super easy on their respective axles.
Yeah, family owned/operated, US made. They have a .040" sct basher body that sounds promising at $50.

Last edited:
I’m running Bash Armor and Flo-tek fusion bodies and Gladiators.

View attachment 248177
I've been using two of these bodies on my Slashes. Like other SC bodies, they
parachute like crazy. I found that the rear of the front fenders act like wings and generate massive lift.
Cutting out the imprint on the rear of the fenders vastly reduces this lift. Proline made a lot of holes in the body, but forgot the most important ones, as i see it.
Does the rear end have cut outs?
They diminish the strenght of the rear end, which makes what's left of the rear end bend, pulling the rear fenders inward. This causes rubbing of the rear wheels. Be prepared to trim the rear fenders.
They are pretty much indestructible though. They made my Slashes look like turtles on their backs when flipped over 😀

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back