What did you buy today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Notorious J ...That's the same side..????
Too many threads at once last night. Maybe this is better
15603956113593959480147226285333.jpg

Trust me
I'll send it over to you for polishing. You've done such nice work lately, no use risking doing it myself :ROFLMAO:
Trust me when I say this it looks worse in person.
20190613_001423.jpg

Just a bunch of bits from Jennys to keep on hand as spares for my 3S Typhon including a few diffs. Interestingly one of the shock towers came with no little caps and the other with three. Net result is I am down one. Not worth the hassle getting another sent over as I will probably never need those things anyway.

View attachment 40774
Surprisingly I managed to break one on my Typhon.

Any update on your order? Mine is still processing:mad:
Heads up to you guys waiting on your Ovonic orders. I showed earlier that I contacted them and they responded finally. I was satisfied with their commitment to get em to me Thursday. Today is Thursday and I did receive my 2x 6s packs. Satisfied with communication and delivery as promised but it did take me contacting them. I've yet to test the packs and should be able to report back some time tomorrow regarding quality.... *unless I charge and run in the middle of the night tonight which I'm known to do when I'm off the next day.
Hope you guys get yours and am curious to read how it's going for you. I'm in South Louisiana if that gives any indication of shipping / travel time.
Side note: I wouldn't buy these if I were 100% happy with my SMC 6s packs. I know my review may be unpopular but I can't say I'm as sold as I was in the past on SMC packs. Puff quick compared to others, broken balance leads, ...I have piles of lipos. Way, way more than I need, and SMC have been quite powerful yet least long-lasting of all including cheapo packs etc. I'll expound if necessary.

These Ovonic packs are big, pretty heavy, soft packs that I hope will deliver. I may wrap with G-tape over some sturdy bracing material but they're heavy enough now... We'll see, friends.

Heads up to you guys waiting on your Ovonic orders. I showed earlier that I contacted them and they responded finally. I was satisfied with their commitment to get em to me Thursday. Today is Thursday and I did receive my 2x 6s packs. Satisfied with communication and delivery as promised but it did take me contacting them. I've yet to test the packs and should be able to report back some time tomorrow regarding quality.... *unless I charge and run in the middle of the night tonight which I'm known to do when I'm off the next day.
Hope you guys get yours and am curious to read how it's going for you. I'm in South Louisiana if that gives any indication of shipping / travel time.
Side note: I wouldn't buy these if I were 100% happy with my SMC 6s packs. I know my review may be unpopular but I can't say I'm as sold as I was in the past on SMC packs. Puff quick compared to others, broken balance leads, ...I have piles of lipos. Way, way more than I need, and SMC have been quite powerful yet least long-lasting of all including cheapo packs etc. I'll expound if necessary.

These Ovonic packs are big, pretty heavy, soft packs that I hope will deliver. I may wrap with G-tape over some sturdy bracing material but they're heavy enough now... We'll see, friends.
Mine are scheduled for delivery tomorrow and originated from Fort Worth, TX. The original tracking said "label created - United States."

I have had a bunch of Lectron Pro lipos (about 3-4 years old and most have died and I would not recommend them to anybody), a bunch of gensacearespammers lipos (all still going strong and about 3-4 years old) and some Hobbystar lipos (all going strong, but also my newest batteries around 8 months old). Honestly the next ones on my list to try were Turnigy HD but I read good things about the Ovonics and they came up on a great sale so I figured I would try them out. I went with the 4500mah 6s to keep the weight down and be able to use them in my Typhon with its limited space.

I have read about quality issues SMC batteries about a year ago after reading nothing but positive things for about two years but haven't read much negative about them in the last six months. If these Ovonics run good and stay balanced I may have to buy some more if they have a 4th of July sale.

Mine are scheduled for delivery tomorrow and originated from Fort Worth, TX. The original tracking said "label created - United States."

I have had a bunch of Lectron Pro lipos (about 3-4 years old and most have died and I would not recommend them to anybody), a bunch of gensacearespammers lipos (all still going strong and about 3-4 years old) and some Hobbystar lipos (all going strong, but also my newest batteries around 8 months old). Honestly the next ones on my list to try were Turnigy HD but I read good things about the Ovonics and they came up on a great sale so I figured I would try them out. I went with the 4500mah 6s to keep the weight down and be able to use them in my Typhon with its limited space.

I have read about quality issues SMC batteries about a year ago after reading nothing but positive things for about two years but haven't read much negative about them in the last six months. If these Ovonics run good and stay balanced I may have to buy some more if they have a 4th of July sale.

Lectron Pro I'll give 2/5 stars. I got a couple 3s packs and from day one the cells weren't balanced. Took a long time to get em right.
gensacearespammers 2s were my first ever and they've taken more abuse than any and still going strong. 5/5
I have Turnigy HD 3s and 4s and like em quite a bit. 4.5/5
Floureon 3.5/5
Power Hobby 4/5
I have others from many brands including China Hobby Line etc for quads that I may have to make a post about if it's relevant.

The cost of the Ovonics was surprisingly good??. I can't believe I got 2x 50c 5200mah packs for under $100 shipped. I'm with you and will buy more if they deliver the power....and I expect they will. If I do, I'll go with the 4500mah. I probably would be happier with less capacity because I have the 6s buggy too.. Lookin forward to a 4th of July sale.

My buddy just got the 5200mah in and says it doesn’t fit the battery tray. He ordered this one...it says it should fit the Kraton. Anyone else have this issue?

95375178-65D1-4C24-9206-6678E40E8DBC.png

Edit - Nevermind, I just FaceTimed him. They fit, he didn’t know the top battery holder was adjustable.

Last edited:
Hold on now... The whole kit is new here? Pretty dam big deal! ??
Costco special. Camera, battery, 32 gb memory card, head mount, two loose mounts, cap mount, and the grip stick for $459 or about $300 US. Plus it comes with a 90 day no hassle refund policy from Costco. Figured I'd treat myself for Father's day. Oh wait,I've been doing that for the last six months. ;)

Back