What did you work on today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Soldered some QS8’s on the new Panthers 😈
4CE4EBAC-97D8-4365-B846-F9032198EC78.jpeg

Had to make body post mounts for my parts bin build. It’s basically a Typhon but used left over Mojave EXB towers. The body post holes didn’t line up no matter how I attempted it, so I printed my own instead.

image.jpg

Installed a new servo and servo saver last night in my Typhon 3S. Went with a Power HD 25kg all aluminum waterproof servo and Kimbrough 25T servo saver. Set the endpoints right after installation. Adjusted steering expo on the transmitter.

4426DBFE-9F1C-475B-9C00-6DBDE7AAECD1.jpeg
Changed out the sh!tty stock fittings on one of my compressors. They leaked like a sieve and drove me absolutely nuts!! As I use this on the daily, it was vastly important. 👍

View attachment 141386Changed out the sh!tty stock fittings on one of my compressors. They leaked like a sieve and drove me absolutely nuts!! As I use this on the daily, it was vastly important. 👍
This reminds me I need to change out the fitting on my 18 gauge brad nailer.

Got the new fan in the Granite, DumboRC reciever and changed out all the shock oil to 50w. Truck drives soooooo much better and stays planted turning and on landings. Got the M2C front chassis brace mounted in the Kraton so it's got m2c chassis and braces front and back don't think I have to worry to much about the big sends anymore 💪 and threw the EXB front brace in the Typhon. Just got done bashing with my daughter to end the day😍 our trucks look so much alike now lol.
IMG_20210423_173132265.jpg
IMG_20210423_171630653.jpg
IMG_20210423_172702775.jpg
IMG_20210423_190816581.jpg

Got the now Notorious all done today and ready to go. New body from @Camaroboy383, body posts installed,T2T mounts and new brace installed, had to custom fit one of the wings I had, motor fan and heat sink and of course some decals added😁
IMG_20210424_141420261.jpg
IMG_20210424_143747674.jpg
IMG_20210424_152114518.jpg
IMG_20210424_152135172.jpg

Worked on the Typhon 3S today. New M2C motor mount, V3 power module, new SMC TSE V2 6400mah 6S pack, and QS8-S connectors. Ready to make a PB try. Need to hit 131mph or more. Have done lots of 110-120 passes lately. Rear diff was empty too. Had 500k in it last time. This time it got ear plugs.

It lives again!
20210424_194658.jpg

My sweet little notorious is back in bidness! There was a bit more carnage than anticipated from winter bashing, but thankfully my extra parts drawers are quite well stocked (thanks @ABabyEater ). I had to put it on the radiolink RC6GS. Gyro is disabled because NOTORIOUS! (it's supposed to be out of control!) I then calibrated the esc, set punch at 7, and gave it a few little 10 footers to get used to how it flies again. I'm always surprised at how big the thump is when this tank hits the ground! But it landed pretty much everything just fine, so I sent it off the big ramp half a dozen times for some 20-30 foot floatie backflips, and a couple doubles to check the punch and brake setting changes- you know, science...
LVC stopped me from breaking it again 😆😇
20210424_195848.jpg

Getting this thing onto the radiolink is going to save me money in broken parts. The original radio sucked, and the dumb orc wasn't real good for big airs- no finesse. It had a real bad habit of locking up the brakes midair and lawn darting when I'd tap forward to slow or stall rotations on backflips. I kinda like stalling big flips inverted and doing late corrections - a la duperbash.

It lives again!
View attachment 141767
My sweet little notorious is back in bidness! There was a bit more carnage than anticipated from winter bashing, but thankfully my extra parts drawers are quite well stocked (thanks @ABabyEater ). I had to put it on the radiolink RC6GS. Gyro is disabled because NOTORIOUS! (it's supposed to be out of control!) I then calibrated the esc, set punch at 7, and gave it a few little 10 footers to get used to how it flies again. I'm always surprised at how big the thump is when this tank hits the ground! But it landed pretty much everything just fine, so I sent it off the big ramp half a dozen times for some 20-30 foot floatie backflips, and a couple doubles to check the punch and brake setting changes- you know, science...
LVC stopped me from breaking it again 😆😇
View attachment 141773
Getting this thing onto the radiolink is going to save me money in broken parts. The original radio sucked, and the dumb orc wasn't real good for big airs- no finesse. It had a real bad habit of locking up the brakes midair and lawn darting when I'd tap forward to slow or stall rotations on backflips. I kinda like stalling big flips inverted and doing late corrections - a la duperbash.
Looks like it's about time for a new body😂

Finally got a little bit of organization going and I got the EXB front bumper on. Wheelie bar with new wing mounts too.

20210424_222840.jpg
20210424_223000.jpg
20210424_223008.jpg

Almost bought a new wing at the LHS today, but figured screw it, it'll just get messed up again. Waiting on my M2C goodies to get it all back together. Tomorrow I shall clean.

Back