What did you work on today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I started to work on the Summit again but I am done with this crap for tonight I am so friggin frustrated with this screw kit.

The M3x6mm cap head and M3x10mm button head screws were not in the kit at all, even if they were 6 M3x10 button heads are not even half of what is needed, I counted 18 just looking at the parts explosion and I am sure I missed some.
The kit lists 6 M2.5x12mm cap head screws 8 are needed.
It lists 6 M3x10 cap head screws 12 are needed.
It lists 2 M4x6mm button head screws 4 are needed.
It lists 4 M4x14mm button head screws 7 are needed.
It doesn't list any M3x8mm button heads, and looking at the parts explosion at least 17 are needed.

Nowhere on the Rc Raven website or anywhere for that matter does it list that this kit is incomplete and additional screws will be needed to completely replace all of the standard non proprietary screws.

I started to work on the Summit again but I am done with this crap for tonight I am so friggin frustrated with this screw kit.

The M3x6mm cap head and M3x10mm button head screws were not in the kit at all, even if they were 6 M3x10 button heads are not even half of what is needed, I counted 18 just looking at the parts explosion and I am sure I missed some.
The kit lists 6 M2.5x12mm cap head screws 8 are needed.
It lists 6 M3x10 cap head screws 12 are needed.
It lists 2 M4x6mm button head screws 4 are needed.
It lists 4 M4x14mm button head screws 7 are needed.
It doesn't list any M3x8mm button heads, and looking at the parts explosion at least 17 are needed.

Nowhere on the Rc Raven website or anywhere for that matter does it list that this kit is incomplete and additional screws will be needed to completely replace all of the standard non proprietary screws.
Maybe a 1/16 summit kit?

No their kit is just straight up incomplete. Doesn't even come with all of the necessary screws.

My Losi Rock Rey kit came with a bunch of extra hardware. I was confused at first because I thought I missed some stuff ?

My Losi Rock Rey kit came with a bunch of extra hardware. I was confused at first because I thought I missed some stuff ?
Thank heavens they gave me 25 m3 washers, 4 M2.5 and 4 M3 locknuts that aren't needed.

If you bought the Rc Screwz kit they give you spares. I should have just went that route.

1581871143936.jpeg

Replaced rear a arm in 4s kraton. First victim of the new ramp??‍♂️ 4th jump??‍♂️??‍♂️
I’ve got two more sets of factory then the rpms getting broke out
Oh and went to put aluminum hex’s on the tenacity. And it already had them???. Well I got some spares now??

View attachment 65671
Replaced rear a arm in 4s kraton. First victim of the new ramp??‍♂️ 4th jump??‍♂️??‍♂️
I’ve got two more sets of factory then the rpms getting broke out
Oh and went to put aluminum hex’s on the tenacity. And it already had them???. Well I got some spares now??
I just busted my first arm on my K4S. Bad landing in 33 degree weather. Oopsy!

I changed the tensioner pulley on this baby today. She was squealing like a stuck pig!

EB625C18-E7B2-4A17-87DD-9D1DADA9A52A.jpeg

What a pain in the arse!! The videos I watched made it look soooo easy! But guess what... mine doesn’t have an access hole in the back. ????
I had to take the Whole Damn Machine! apart, drum out and all.
It got to the point where I almost said Phuc this ? and called the repair man. I took 5, cooled down and figured it out. ??
So I thought... until I realized that I forgot to plug the door close switch back in ??‍♂️
After I put it back together for a second time it all worked perfect! ?
All said and done it cost me $9 and 1hr of frustration, so not bad all things considered.

I changed the tensioner pulley on this baby today. She was squealing like a stuck pig!

View attachment 65709

What a pain in the arse!! The videos I watched made it look soooo easy! But guess what... mine doesn’t have an access hole in the back. ????
It got to the point where I almost said Phuc this ? and called the repair man. I took 5, cooled down and figured it out. ??
So I thought... until I realized that I forgot to plug the door close switch back in ??‍♂️
All said and done it cost me $9 and 1hr of frustration, so not bad all things considered.
I hate doing these types of repairs, but it’s all worth it in the end. You would have spent $100+ for that repair. Now if you are rolling in money then who cares. But I have much better things to do with $100. And you learn how things work too so the next time something goes wrong you have an idea what it might be.

I hate doing these types of repairs, but it’s all worth it in the end. You would have spent $100+ for that repair. Now if you are rolling in money then who cares. But I have much better things to do with $100. And you learn how things work too so the next time something goes wrong you have an idea what it might be.

Yea figured more like $200-$250 ?

It's good to see that Arrma Forum members have lives outside of the R/C hobby.

Some of the other forums I'm a member of aren't quite so well balanced, so I find this quite commendable!
It all seems to circle back to RC’s somehow tho...
Now I can justify my mamba monster X8s
Combo purchase! ??

View attachment 65709

Right? The videos always make it look so easy. Like when I was changing my water pump, in the video they go to remove theirs and the fan clutch nut just spins right off, I ended up having to drill a hole through the water pump pulley, stick a 6 inch 3/8ths drive extension through it to keep it from spinning, then I stuck a giant Cresent wrench on the nut and had to use a BFH to break it loose.

Back