What did you work on today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This kinda off topic but kinda on. I love the old antique ceramic looking stoves. My in laws had one for a while but eventually sold it.

I've got an old pot belly waiting to be restored. Found it half buried on the farm.

I've got an old pot belly waiting to be restored. Found it half buried on the farm.

Looks like this

20200219_111627.jpg

That’s awesome. How old do you think it is? Is it a family farm that you can trace the owner?

Family farm yes. Not sure on age but I'd say it's Australian made. It would have originally been in one of the old farm houses.

That was buried in the ground? It’s in awesome shape for being that old.

that photo isn't mine but its what mine looks like. it needs some work, cracks and broken hinge etc. its just another project waiting for some labour.
restoring has taken a back seat since RCs and AF has come into my life.

Finally got around to installing my m2c rear chassis brace! My voltage hobby servo mount and diff fluid and shimsView attachment 66054View attachment 66055 should be arriving tomorrow. Also, the other thing I worked on today was setting my work space. I ended up taking over the laundry room. My fiance is pissed hahahahaha??

You need to have a good hard think and get your priorities right. Whats more important, a laundry or an RC workshop? Time to move the washing machine out. ?

Finally got around to installing my m2c rear chassis brace! My voltage hobby servo mount and diff fluid and shimsView attachment 66054View attachment 66055 should be arriving tomorrow. Also, the other thing I worked on today was setting my work space. I ended up taking over the laundry room. My fiance is pissed hahahahaha??

Tell her it could be worse. She could have something like this in her living room ?. My wife doesn’t exaclty like it but she gets it. She’s a keeper.

C7E17C2A-A48D-4599-B84C-F5EE4CA4892B.jpeg

My wife was pissed when I took over one of the spare bedrooms in the basement.?

A guy’s gotta have his workspace tho!

Either that or the kitchen table and we all know how that goes over... ?

Either that or the kitchen table and we all know how that goes over... ?

I tried that and it was ridiculous. Never felt like I could start something unless I knew I could finish it which meant I had to wait long periods of time to do anything. Now something that would have taken a hour to do only takes 20 minutes because I don’t have to get everything out and put everything away in one wrenching period. Frickin love it!

Replaced the wheel bearings in the rear. The Typhon is 2 weeks old and already 1 bearing was seized and the other 3 were crunchy when turned. The fronts were OK.

I also took out the receiver for the STX2 and installed the receiver for the new DX5C. Still have to do the calibration stuff but it did run the car a bit when I tested.

Basic shop organizing.
New rx in the Noto.
New LP Backflips on it too after venting and taping. I'll say that for me the LP Backflip is by far my favorite setup for the Noto and I don't mind at all going through three sets a year. I feel so much in control on the ground and in the air. I love these tires from hookup, weight, size, durability ... and venting makes noticeable difference vs ballooning. I hated the Copperhead 2 set I was running on it last week. Too heavy on this truck for me.
Made a workable plan for when I get enough time to get on all the mods for the Mojave because I think more stuff was delivered today.
I tried to do more but while I ran a pack through the Noto, sure enough got caught by some nice young mission ladies wanting to talk about Jesus, the neighbor girls showing up to feed the chickens and collect eggs; I had to put off repairs and upgrades again. I hope tomorrow after work I can settle in. The neighbor girls come to visit their grandmother and unfortunately live day to day less fortunate than many of us do. They're treated well at mawmaw's house and I try to entertain them and share what I can. I gave them both bluetooth speakers I had around because I got a new one anyway. The younger one is a handful but I think I can spare some attention from time to time for young folks that appear to need it.
I'd do more still but started drinking beers and I'm no good at concentrating on this hobby after that.
A while back a member complimented my shop and while it's not that fancy compared to so many I see here, maybe I'll do a shop tour video for fun. I'll try to make a plan for that tonight while I'm dr-thinking.

Just completed my first diff overhaul! I put mugen shims all around and changed the oil to 30k rear, 500k center and 60k front. I was quite proud of my self so I showed my fiance all that I did and she could care less, So I though I'd share my accomplishment with like minded people
20200222_225203.jpg
20200223_005518.jpg
. ???

Just completed my first diff overhaul! I put mugen shims all around and changed the oil to 30k rear, 500k center and 60k front. I was quite proud of my self so I showed my fiance all that I did and she could care less, So I though I'd share my accomplishment with like minded peopleView attachment 66722View attachment 66721. ???
I get the same reaction when I show my wife RC related things. ?

Back