What changes would you like to see in 2022?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bogda89

Reaction score
I will start first.

When it comes to arrma, I think all brushless cars should come with dx3 and avc without another price increase. I was not a big fan stability management, but in some cases with super fast brushless cars is a must.

I am not sure about Arrma 3s drive line and problems, but I think that plastic diffs are not acceptable, and again, I am not an arrma expert, but if there is some differences in drive line between brushed and brushless cars, that should be changed so mega cars can be upgraded easily.

I am not sure if Traxxas has a patent on roll kage, but it would be nice to see plastic protection at least on the roof from skidding, bodies will last at least twice as long.

Price. I don't think we will see any price reduction, but I think horizon hobby prices are going out of control. New vendetta and mini infraction are awesome cars, but I can't see the price justified and I think they are overpriced by 50$ .Also mini infraction colors are in my opinion childish while 6s are on point.

And customer service. When you call Traxxas there is never a line, I don't think they're employees very knowledgeable but they are willing to help as much as possible, and warranty or lifetime replacement programs are good. Horizon hobby should improve.

When it comes to Traxxas, first, all brushless cars should have upgraded shocks. Ultra shocks are awesome, reasonably durable, very smooth, don't leak, easy and cheap to rebuild. But they don't seem appropriate for brushless cars, especially for hoss with so much power and torque speed, and definitely ridiculous price tag. Big bores are just aluminum ultras with tin shafts, even though they are better than ultras, I don't consider them an upgrade. Gtr shocks are on point, the best shocks in a class, but not cheap to make. But Traxxas JATO gtr shocks are excellent and cheap to manufacure. Plastic body, regular non tin coated shafts, but it's 13mm bore, super smooth, and I don't think it could cost more than ultras butvit will be a huge upgrade to brushless cars over ultras.

4wd Traxxas line up is solid, 2wd is also awesome, but we all know that they have a weak points, caster blocks, and front and rear hub cariers. If not from the factory, at least an optional heavy duty plastic ones should be offered. Yes, Traxxas makes Allu cariers and caster blocks, but spending 80$ Allu upgrades on 200$ rc is not justified. Nitro 2wd line up has much beefier components, and they are solid.

And price. It's obvious that we will not see price reduction, even though some products are clearly overpriced, I think the most ridiculous is drag slash. I know that no prep was very popular this summer, but drag slash is overpriced by at least a 100$ and they should offer a roller too.

I know this post was long, but what do would you like to see different in 2022?

Last edited:
Senton 6s, Raider, and Nero! They just need to change a few things on the Nero to make it legal.

To the OP: I don't think you have a clue about pricing. With the increased prices on shipping, and the increased costs in manufacturing, you can't expect to see no increases in prices. I read this online: a seller normally paid $1800 per container to have containers shipped to his business from China. He was told he would have to pay $18,000 to have a container delivered: that's ten times the normal amount. If he didn't pay the container wouldn't be delivered. He had to pay to get his parts to keep his business going.

I agree about your comments about Traxxas shocks, steering blocks, and rear axle carriers. I always replace steering blocks and rear axle carriers on my Traxxas vehicles with Hot Racing parts, not overpriced Traxxas parts. I just wish Traxxas offered upgraded shocks for all their vehicles: the aftermarket isn't all that great.

Yes, the Drag Slash is a bit overpriced, but when you consider that it is very competitive right out of the box without mods, it's not such a bad deal. My local RC shop couldn't keep Drag Slashes in stock all last spring and summer: they sold out within a day of getting them in. They recently got a decent number of Drag Slashes in for cChristmas, and I bought one yesterday to have when the season starts up again. I don't quibble over prices: if I want something, I'll pay the going price for it without question.

Well....... neither of my suggestions may be overly do-able, but........

1) Add a new color choice or 2 to each model - - blue, red, yellow, green, orange, whatever..... even an all black 'blackout' edition - more variety

2) So they have the standard rtr version and the EXB roller option on some models.....

Go to the next level- upgraded BEYOND the EXB - an upgraded model that has REAL 7075 (like M2C uses)..... Arms that take RPM brand as a model, REAL upgrades that are tested and true.....

Etc, etc. Sure, the price would be more, but for those on the know, I WOULD PAY FOR IT -

Not going to hold my breath, I am sure there are a dozen reasons why this would never happen, but YOU ASKED
Some sort of Arrma desert buggy with an open roll cage option.
Believe me, I would LOVE to see that...... however, the parent company of Arrma (Horizon Hobby) also owns Losi, which has the DBXLe 2.0, Lasernut , plus other models that are similar to what you desire.

But yeah, if Arrma would do that .........
To the OP: I don't think you have a clue about pricing. With the increased prices on shipping, and the increased costs in manufacturing, you can't expect to see no increases in prices. I read this online: a seller normally paid $1800 per container to have containers shipped to his business from China. He was told he would have to pay $18,000 to have a container delivered: that's ten times the normal amount. If he didn't pay the container wouldn't be delivered. He had to pay to get his parts to keep his business going.

I agree about your comments about Traxxas shocks, steering blocks, and rear axle carriers. I always replace steering blocks and rear axle carriers on my Traxxas vehicles with Hot Racing parts, not overpriced Traxxas parts. I just wish Traxxas offered upgraded shocks for all their vehicles: the aftermarket isn't all that great.

Yes, the Drag Slash is a bit overpriced, but when you consider that it is very competitive right out of the box without mods, it's not such a bad deal. My local RC shop couldn't keep Drag Slashes in stock all last spring and summer: they sold out within a day of getting them in. They recently got a decent number of Drag Slashes in for cChristmas, and I bought one yesterday to have when the season starts up again. I don't quibble over prices: if I want something, I'll pay the going price for it without question.

Yeah, this stuff you hear about supply bottlenecks and shipping difficulties is not fake. Our local grocery store chain has one of the largest supply hubs in the United States about an hour away...... their most recent order was only 60% fulfilled (40% of what the purchasing dept ordered was not available).

Crazy. So yeah, everything from hand lotion to soft drinks to carpet to hobby grade RC vehicles is affected somehow.

Last edited:

I totally agree with you. Prices of everything increased in the last year. Traxxas is known to be overpriced for what they offer, but it seems that their pricing change was not to bad. Arrma is known to have much better value and lower prices than Traxxas, but now it seems like they're prices are very close to Traxxas models in the same class. But again don't blame arrma, they are owned buy horizon, and other brands like losi or axial seems to me like even more overpriced, so it's not that bad.

I have probably 70 percent of Traxxas cars they made but I don't have drag slash. I am not into drag racing but can't see 500$ price justified. Difference between regular slash and drag slash is different transmission, different setup and tires. Can't see price over 400$ to be justified. Let's compare to slash ultimate. For 50$ more you get 4wd chassis which is miles ahead of 2wd. All aluminum parts. Gtr shocks, center diff and spool, antiroll bars. I know it's completely different purpose and they should not be compared, but when you compare from value perspective it's clear that drag slash is not where it should be. And don't get me wrong, we all know that slash ultimate is pretty much the most expensive rtr sc, so not the best value to begin with. If someone is competing in no prep they will change motor, ESC, tires. If they had aluminum caster blocks and hub cariers, gtr shocks, and maybe cvd drive shaft then I guess 500$ would make sense

Well....... neither of my suggestions may be overly do-able, but........

1) Add a new color choice or 2 to each model - - blue, red, yellow, green, orange, whatever..... even an all black 'blackout' edition - more variety

2) So they have the standard rtr version and the EXB roller option on some models.....

Go to the next level- upgraded BEYOND the EXB - an upgraded model that has REAL 7075 (like M2C uses)..... Arms that take RPM brand as a model, REAL upgrades that are tested and true.....

Etc, etc. Sure, the price would be more, but for those on the know, I WOULD PAY FOR IT -

Not going to hold my breath, I am sure there are a dozen reasons why this would never happen, but YOU ASKED

Believe me, I would LOVE to see that...... however, the parent company of Arrma (Horizon Hobby) also owns Losi, which has the DBXLe 2.0, Lasernut , plus other models that are similar to what you desire.

But yeah, if Arrma would do that .........

Yeah, this stuff you hear about supply bottlenecks and shipping difficulties is not fake. Our local grocery store chain has one of the largest supply hubs in the United States about an hour away...... their most recent order was only 60% fulfilled (40% of what the purchasing dept ordered was not available).

Crazy. So yeah, everything from hand lotion to soft drinks to carpet to hobby grade RC vehicles is affected somehow.
+1
EVEN IN TAIWAN!!🤣

"I want more features for a lower price," is the same as saying "I want a raise to do less work." We'd all love that...but we have to live in the real world.

I too would love to see the return of the Senton 6s, or at the very least, the return of available parts. I think there's a realistic chance of it, but maybe not it 2022. I'd love to see Arrma offer a 2wd 3s short course truck, but I won't hold my breath. And I'd love to see them expand the 4s platform.

I totally agree with you. Prices of everything increased in the last year. Traxxas is known to be overpriced for what they offer, but it seems that their pricing change was not to bad. Arrma is known to have much better value and lower prices than Traxxas, but now it seems like they're prices are very close to Traxxas models in the same class. But again don't blame arrma, they are owned buy horizon, and other brands like losi or axial seems to me like even more overpriced, so it's not that bad.

I have probably 70 percent of Traxxas cars they made but I don't have drag slash. I am not into drag racing but can't see 500$ price justified. Difference between regular slash and drag slash is different transmission, different setup and tires. Can't see price over 400$ to be justified. Let's compare to slash ultimate. For 50$ more you get 4wd chassis which is miles ahead of 2wd. All aluminum parts. Gtr shocks, center diff and spool, antiroll bars. I know it's completely different purpose and they should not be compared, but when you compare from value perspective it's clear that drag slash is not where it should be. And don't get me wrong, we all know that slash ultimate is pretty much the most expensive rtr sc, so not the best value to begin with. If someone is competing in no prep they will change motor, ESC, tires. If they had aluminum caster blocks and hub cariers, gtr shocks, and maybe cvd drive shaft then I guess 500$ would make sense
I agree with some of your points about Traxxas, but not all. Yes, the Drag Slash could have been priced lower. But consider that its main competition is the Losi drag 1968 Camaro 22S, and the Losi is only about $40 less than the Drag Slash. Losi (and Horizon) parts support and customer service is nowhere near the level of Traxxas: I'm willing to pay extra for the level of customer service Traxxas provides to its customers, as are many others in the hobby.

While the Drag Slash doesn't have CVD driveshafts, it does have unique heavy duty driveshafts to handle the instant torque that comes during drag racing. Whether or not aluminum caster blocks are necessary for a vehicle that goes mostly in straight lines for around 3 seconds at a time is debatable. The rear wheels and tires alone on a Drag Slash are $55 a pair.

A lot of folks don't change the motor and ESC because there are classes of no-prep drag racing that require stock motor and ESC. I've been told that participants in my local no-prep drag racing organization run a lot of stock vehicles.

Regarding other changes I would like to see in 2022, particularly by Armma, I would like to see Arrma provide nothing less than a DX3 radio with their vehicles. And I would like to see a DX3 that has the ability to work with more than one vehicle, like the DX5. Yes, I know that aftermarket radios can do that, but why shouldn't the radio that comes with an Armma RTR vehicle have that capability? Traxxas does it, so Armma should too.

"I want more features for a lower price," is the same as saying "I want a raise to do less work." We'd all love that...but we have to live in the real world.

I too would love to see the return of the Senton 6s, or at the very least, the return of available parts. I think there's a realistic chance of it, but maybe not it 2022. I'd love to see Arrma offer a 2wd 3s short course truck, but I won't hold my breath. And I'd love to see them expand the 4s platform.
They did make a 3s 2wd sct! The Fury BLX! They discontinued it a while ago.

They did make a 3s 2wd sct! The Fury BLX! They discontinued it a while ago.
I am a big fan of 2wd cars, and 2wd sct is my favorite. 7 years ago when I was new in the hobby I bought arrma fury mega. Performance was awesome (after brushless conversion) it was a blast to drive. But I think design was not that good overall, it was super flimsy, fragile, chassis had a flawed design, shocks were leaking all the time, and not smooth at all. If they introduce improved fury v2 mega for around 200$ I would definitely get one again

The question is realistic changes or dream changes?

Servos -
I'd like to see the RTR vehicles come with a little bit better steering servo's. (normalize decent servos) Seems like all brands do the cheap servo thing. It makes me opt to upgrade most of my servos but my impression of the OEM servo brand is poor and I am less likely to spend big $ on a brand that gave me a bad servo to start. (Maybe Traxxas's/Spectrum's better servo's are nice but I am not willing to chance it if I am going to spend real $ on a servo, there are so many better, less risky options.) Oh and Spektrum go to 25T instead of the 23T.

HobbyWing/Caste Creations-
Step up to 12S-16S already. 8S is getting pretty normalized and the trucks are getting heavier.

Radiolink -
Learn from Spektrum and make the receiver bind button easier to access for human beings.

Arrma -
At one point I was looking forward to the updated 4S line but that time has passed. The 3S trucks are good for that and if I put an old 6S ESC into one and run it on 4S it'll be fine. (Maybe a 4S EXB Big Rock?!?!)

I think that a 4S Infraction would be cool and could be made of the new smaller infraction but it's odd to spend $ on a mega and have to change it all out. You'd think that the Hoon's being a major wear point would be profitable.

Maybe a large scale Mojave but that would be competing with the Losi so that might not happen (but that would give even more mixture of parts for 8S Frankenstein trucks (like we have in the 6S line)

Traxxas -
They surprised me that they started to innovate again. They could learn from the Arrma line and have multiple chassis lengths for the Maxx/Xmaxx. The shorter one's for more stunts and longer wheelbase versions to put down more power. I.e. Xmaxx XL (maybe both longer and wider like the Maxx 2.0)

A TRX4 2.0 would be a nice thing. That design while good and effective is really long in the tooth. Bring some innovations to drive us to buy again.
There is also a market for a TRX4/24 or TRX4/6. Especially since Axial just sized everything up. Seems like minimal engineering for a chance at the new 1/6th market.

Horizon Hobbies -
Why not use your brands more and get some brand name mixtures. Proline wheels/tires/bodies on Arrma/Losi releases? (as long as they are improvements, please no Duratrax)

Probably think of more after I push post reply... Just my thoughts.
Happy New Year!
Hurricane

Servos -
I'd like to see the RTR vehicles come with a little bit better steering servo's. (normalize decent servos) Seems like all brands do the cheap servo thing. It makes me opt to upgrade most of my servos but my impression of the OEM servo brand is poor and I am less likely to spend big $ on a brand that gave me a bad servo to start. (Maybe Traxxas's/Spectrum's better servo's are nice but I am not willing to chance it if I am going to spend real $ on a servo, there are so many better, less risky options.) Oh and Spektrum go to 25T instead of the 23T.

Step up to 12S-16S already. 8S is getting pretty normalized and the trucks are getting heavier.

Radiolink -
Learn from Spektrum and make the receiver bind button easier to access for human beings.

Arrma -
At one point I was looking forward to the updated 4S line but that time has passed. The 3S trucks are good for that and if I put an old 6S ESC into one and run it on 4S it'll be fine. (Maybe a 4S EXB Big Rock?!?!)

I think that a 4S Infraction would be cool and could be made of the new smaller infraction but it's odd to spend $ on a mega and have to change it all out. You'd think that the Hoon's being a major wear point would be profitable.

Maybe a large scale Mojave but that would be competing with the Losi so that might not happen (but that would give even more mixture of parts for 8S Frankenstein trucks (like we have in the 6S line)

Traxxas -
They surprised me that they started to innovate again. They could learn from the Arrma line and have multiple chassis lengths for the Maxx/Xmaxx. The shorter one's for more stunts and longer wheelbase versions to put down more power. I.e. Xmaxx XL (maybe both longer and wider like the Maxx 2.0)

A TRX4 2.0 would be a nice thing. That design while good and effective is really long in the tooth. Bring some innovations to drive us to buy again.
There is also a market for a TRX4/24 or TRX4/6. Especially since Axial just sized everything up. Seems like minimal engineering for a chance at the new 1/6th market.

Horizon Hobbies -
Why not use your brands more and get some brand name mixtures. Proline wheels/tires/bodies on Arrma/Losi releases? (as long as they are improvements, please no Duratrax)

Happy New Year!
Hurricane
I think arrma need a 1/5 scale typhon or a fifth scale roadie.

Servos -

Radiolink -

Arrma -

Traxxas -

Horizon Hobbies -

Happy New Year!
Hurricane
12S Hobbywing ESC came true... a small percentage right but I will take a small victory.

Hurricane

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back