What did you break today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not so much a break but...

View attachment 72216

I thought my steering was funny after it slide into the side of a trash can holder. :LOL:

Though I did break a mount today as well

Well look at that found a couple others, ?
Noticed my front upper hinge pins was bent on my Outcast when I was changing my broken turnbuckle. Stripped the screw trying to get it out, so I bent it back in place while the arm and pin was still on the truck. Ordered new ones, but, I'll deal with the process of removing a bent stripped screw when the truck isn't drivable.

Noticed my front upper hinge pins was bent on my Outcast when I was changing my broken turnbuckle. Stripped the screw trying to get it out, so I bent it back in place while the arm and pin was still on the truck. Ordered new ones, but, I'll deal with the process of removing a bent stripped screw when the truck isn't drivable.
It's crazy how much a bend in a part like that can look so bad, yet still be a capable driver. ?

Like most I'll try to do the quick repair while bashing or the quick fix while waiting for parts! (y)

It's crazy how much a bend in a part like that can look so bad, yet still be a capable driver. ?

Like most I'll try to do the quick repair while bashing or the quick fix while waiting for parts! (y)
Yep, I thought it was bad, then I stripped the screw trying to get it out, then I was like F-it, I'll just bend it back up as much as I can while installed. ?

Rear tower on a 107mph pass ???‍♂️??

304A606B-8E90-4E04-9395-75B72684F90B.jpeg

Actually it was on the trip back. An old timer stopped to ask if I needed help, thought I was broke down. Lost my attention for a split second and drifted off the road at probably 20mph and this happened. ??‍♂️

I will print up a new one overnight. ????

I never understood what was so fun about Crawlers, something that moved so slow, can you school me on Why crawling is exciting and fun for you? Maybe change my mind on getting one.
I thought exactly the same thing UNTIL I tried it myself. I go with my son through dry river beds where you can barely walk through there. It's very challenging to go through all those roots, small rocks, grass and bushes. You have to "crawl" through there very slowly with strategy. I swear it's super fun. We've been out there for over an hour sometimes. When we're done with that, we hit the trail and walk behind the crawlers. Batteries last easily more than an hour. And I have lights on mine all over the place, so darkness is not an issue. The crawler scene is a very popular janra. Trust me. I know why now.

I thought exactly the same thing UNTIL I tried it myself. I go with my son through dry river beds where you can barely walk through there. It's very challenging to go through all those roots, small rocks, grass and bushes. You have to "crawl" through there very slowly with strategy. I swear it's super fun. We've been out there for over an hour sometimes. When we're done with that, we hit the trail and walk behind the crawlers. Batteries last easily more than an hour. And I have lights on mine all over the place, so darkness is not an issue. The crawler scene is a very popular janra. Trust me. I know why now.
I love taking mine out on the hiking trails here. 10 minutes from my house is a spot that has over 20 miles of trails easy to spend 3-4 hours out hiking.
Don't know if it's me or the picture but that driveshaft looks bent too..??
Looks bent to me too.

Last edited:
Don't know if it's me or the picture but that driveshaft looks bent too..??
I really don't like you right now, you had to give me more bad news??. You have a great eye! I fixed the turnbuckle and wing mount and noticed the front upper hinge pin was bent, and bent it back, BUT, I didn't even notice the driveshaft was bent, and it is bent badly. When it turns its hitting the front spring. I really appreciate you pointing that out. Luckily I have a couple extra packs of driveshafts from bending them so much from the aerial landing activities?. I GREATLY APPRECIATE THE HELP!

Update as of 635pm PST. Heres a pic of the bent one and a new one as I'm replacing it.
Screenshot_20200331-183704_WhatsApp.jpg

Last edited:
Click-click-click... 40 or so packs in my Notorious' rear diff was due for a rebuild. I had broken both planetary gears and pins before but the crown gear is scrap now

New crown gear and some Kyosho shims behind a new input gear ⚙️ fresh 30k oil ?️ and new FastEddy bearings with Core-RC outdrive shims ⭕

Whilst it was out I fitted GPM hardened steel diff gears with Mugen shims (replaced all stock planetary and satellite shims with 1 each of Mugens) however I had to double up on gaskets!

They may be bigger than the stock gears? ? Has anyone else tried the GPM diff gear set? Mine run fine so far but are they worth it? What metal are the stock gears made from?

Attachments

• 00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20200401111558130.jpg
    00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20200401111558130.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 28
  • 00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20200401111635237.jpg
    00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20200401111635237.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_20200401_120615.jpg
    IMG_20200401_120615.jpg
    373.3 KB · Views: 33
Some say, "If you not breaking it, you not doing it right" ? fixing you RC vehicle is also fun too, If you like working on stuff. Most parts are so cheap and easy to fix so don't worry about breaking stuff. Just drive Hard and hope things don't break. This is something I just broke on Friday was only $9 to fix. ⬇
View attachment 72156
Luckily hobby shops in my area are still open. They are taking orders/request from the door.
I know what you mean. I break and repair like a champ. Been better lately, but still making my contribution to the rc economy.

Outcast 6s 2019 - I broke an RPM Wing Mount, Front Left Turnbuckle, bent both left and right front Driveshafts. Bent Front Right upper Hinge Pin, Broken Front Right Upper Hinge Pin Screw Holder. One Backflip MT tire Split apart. And my truck body is badly damaged now. Did all this on Friday, just got done fixing and cleaning the rig about 2 Hours ago.

Some People in the Bashing Community Say, "If you not breaking anything, you not doing it right."
Today is the first time I felt that statement was False. I broke too many things on Friday. ?

Nothing on my cars yet, but... Had the noto on the stand in the kitchen, with power and was fiddeling with the transmitter menu (so f...... stupid, i know) Car went full throttle of the stand ??‍♂️anp up the wall with kitchen knifes. Knives and coffee was all over the place, vas lucky to catch the car and power it off. Luckely i only have very dull knives now and a burn up my arm :rolleyes:?:ROFLMAO:

Back