What did you work on today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pulled out one of my original arrma vehicles today. Fresh bearings and clean-up after a hard muddy bash and I'm ready for its next run. This thing is crazy quick on 3s through a hobbywing 60 amp and velineon motor. Bought it as a roller for $40 off eBay. Now it's my favorite 2wd.
2wd or 4wd? Cool looking vehicle!

Set screw backed out of pinion gear and locked the pinion and spur gear up. After fixing that I took it out for a quick run and now the diffs are clicking under throttle.

Guess I should've said what it is lol. That is my arrma raider xl blx. 32p gearing now and it's a rocket ship
I knew it was one of their older desert buggys but I'm not too knowledgeable on them. I know some were 2wd and some were 4wd. How does it jump?

I knew it was one of their older desert buggys but I'm not too knowledgeable on them. I know some were 2wd and some were 4wd. How does it jump?
Jumps are well composed and always seems to level itself out from side to side just before touching down. Can only really use it on distance style ramps since it's only 2wd. The stunt style ramps just cause it to land on its tail the majority of the time and pulls out the rear hinge pins. Flys better than my bandit or rustler for sure. I also have the 2wd arrma fury sct that's built on the same chassis. Don't even think about jumping that parachute anymore. Currently working on converting it into a dragster.
Going to put a short bed Chevy body on it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    454.4 KB · Views: 47
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    459.2 KB · Views: 42
Jumps are well composed and always seems to level itself out from side to side just before touching down. Can only really use it on distance style ramps since it's only 2wd. The stunt style ramps just cause it to land on its tail the majority of the time and pulls out the rear hinge pins. Flys better than my bandit or rustler for sure. I also have the 2wd arrma fury sct that's built on the same chassis. Don't even think about jumping that parachute anymore. Currently working on converting it into a dragster.
Going to put a short bed Chevy body on it
Need some pizza cutters up front ?

They never had a 4wd 1/10 vehicle until 2017 when the Mega 4x4 vehicles came out.

Need some pizza cutters up front ?
Agreed. Once I get the body I'll figure out which wheels I can tuck up front. Got a regular 1/10 raider as well that may donate rear arms and dog bones to get the slicks under the body. The smaller raider doesn't handle anything like the 1/8 raider XL so I don't care to cannibalize parts from it. The fury has the same longer chassis as the XL. Holds a giant 6000 mah 3s lipo with room to spare. Got a long way to go before I line it up!

Well there you go! Thanks!
Their old 2wd lineup started out pretty awesome, then Arrma got really cheap with them.

Here is Jangs unboxing from 2012 notice all the nice aluminum parts, the adjustable links ect.

This is Jaytees unboxing from 2015 no more aluminum, and fixed links.

The worst part Arrma charged the same amount for both trucks.

Last edited:
My 1/10 raider is the aluminum version. Has the metal diff too. Super durable but doesn't handle like the bigger version on the terrain I run in. Maybe I should sell it instead of stealing parts from it. Hmmmm? I'll take a pick and post it after dinner

Added a support for the cab of my body on my stampede 4x4 and my outcast. I mistakenly bought a piece of .5" thick 12" x 24" and had to cut it completely with a hand saw... so my stacked pieces aren't very similar. lol

Still, will see how it helps the body from crumpling on roof landings. I added about 1/4"-1/2" of dense foam to the top of each. They touch the roof a bit before compression.

Outcast:
2019-0714-Outcast-BodyBraceRight.jpg

On the stampede, I already had 2x1" pieces of box stock, but had about 1.5" of foam, which gave too much. So, since I had the plastic .5", I added a piece of that and put less foam on it.
2019-0714-Stampede-BodyBraceLeft.jpg

Also made a little sled for the go pro to sit in. Unfortunately, the footage now shows 1/3 of under body and 2/3 of what's in front. The camera is already too high as it's almost level with the body support which touches the body, so not sure what to do with that... will see how it works out and hope my first landing isn't on concrete... on my camera. lol!

Pictures of my 1/10 raider. Original 2013 version. Truly built Arrma tough! Takes hits like a tank but unfortunately drives like one too lol

Attachments

• 9F928F68-A014-4DA5-9540-324F134D7AE9.jpeg
    9F928F68-A014-4DA5-9540-324F134D7AE9.jpeg
    262.5 KB · Views: 50
  • 629AABB1-312E-48A0-825E-92432D1EECF0.jpeg
    629AABB1-312E-48A0-825E-92432D1EECF0.jpeg
    281.2 KB · Views: 44
  • 3FF18C00-CB46-4ACE-A48B-A2EA4C214C37.jpeg
    3FF18C00-CB46-4ACE-A48B-A2EA4C214C37.jpeg
    255.1 KB · Views: 51
  • C2A8AC95-A1BF-4952-9DED-B443C27B3356.jpeg
    C2A8AC95-A1BF-4952-9DED-B443C27B3356.jpeg
    216.3 KB · Views: 56
Plan B. I still need to make notches for the zip ties and I need to make an esc plate.
View attachment 43123
Never seen a tower to tower brace on an LC Racing, yours should be the first! I'm upgrading/rebuilding the Truggy version for one of my friends.

Attachments

• LC Racing.jpg
    LC Racing.jpg
    331.1 KB · Views: 45
Never seen a tower to tower brace on an LC Racing, yours should be the first! I'm upgrading/rebuilding the Truggy version for one of my friends.
I broke my top plate and forgot to order one on my last parts order.....Warren RC charges about $6 for shipping on small orders and not sure if I want to pay more for shipping than the actual part.

I broke my top plate and forgot to order one on my last parts order.....Warren RC charges about $6 for shipping on small orders and not sure if I want to pay more for shipping than the actual part.
Oh I've forgotten things as well when ordering.. For small orders I go through Riptide Racing, they only charge $5 for orders under $100.

Oh I've forgotten things as well when ordering.. For small orders I go through Riptide Racing, they only charge $5 for orders under $100.
That's the name of that other place, I couldn't remember their name to save my life.

Back