What did you work on today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gearbox case showed up and it wasn't that bad swapping it out since I've never worked on one of these before. They seem pretty well engineered. I really like it when one piece serves more than one purpose.

I did have an issue for a second when I went to put the dif back in the case, what side did the ring gear go on? eerrrr oh lookie there a relief cut in the chassis, thanks Arrma. I also stripped a small countersunk screw that was holding the wheelie mount bracket to the case, drilled the head off so I could salvage the HR part that was there and substituted one of the four holding the wheelie wheels on to replace it. Ordered a complete set of nuts/bolts from JennysRC for the next time.

Gearbox case showed up and it wasn't that bad swapping it out since I've never worked on one of these before. They seem pretty well engineered. I really like it when one piece serves more than one purpose.

I did have an issue for a second when I went to put the dif back in the case, what side did the ring gear go on? eerrrr oh lookie there a relief cut in the chassis, thanks Arrma. I also stripped a small countersunk screw that was holding the wheelie mount bracket to the case, drilled the head off so I could salvage the HR part that was there and substituted one of the four holding the wheelie wheels on to replace it. Ordered a complete set of nuts/bolts from JennysRC for the next time.
I think all of the 6s diffs go in the case w/ the ring gear on the left side- except for gp5 diffs for some reason. It took me more than a few choice cuss words to figure that out when I switched over in my typhon

Picked up this branch while walking dog. 5 minutes worth of widdling and sanding. Lol. Making a front bumper for Senton. Will see how it goes!:LOL:

View attachment 286165

View attachment 286166

This was going to be her avatar. Matches the red pivot balls I put on her Typhon. You ain't kidding! :LOL:
Oh great, a week from now we are going to hear @Johnny b asking if anyone knows how to rid an Arrma of termites. 😜

Episode 5 GIF by The Simpsons

Ran 4 packs through my Senton today. Lots of fun! Did numerous cartwheels and rolls. I really need to get a phone holder. Tried to take pics with one hand but couldn't drive at all. This is the only pic I was able to take. Paula's driving her Typhon tomorrow. Will try to get some good pics!

IMG_20230317_175154604_HDR.jpg

Ran 4 packs through my Senton today. Lots of fun! Did numerous cartwheels and rolls. I really need to get a phone holder. Tried to take pics with one hand but couldn't drive at all. This is the only pic I was able to take. Paula's driving her Typhon tomorrow. Will try to get some good pics!

View attachment 286280
Awwwwww, who's a good Senton? Who want's his belly rubbed? 🤣

Our cousins are coming down from Oklahoma..
We totally forgot it was this weekend!
Having seen them for the past 3 years..
Will be busy hosting them.

@Senton_Prime
I try to get to your project. Give me another day or so. 👍

Our cousins are coming down from Oklahoma..
We totally forgot it was this weekend!
Having seen them for the past 3 years..
Will be busy hosting them.

@Senton_Prime
I try to get to your project. Give me another day or so. 👍
I was def not talking about you.. I was gonna hit you up this morning and I was like naw imma leave that man alone!! You are good buddy, no rush.. promise!! 🤤

I got my Typhon 3s out for a run for the first time since I installed a 3800kv Spektrum motor. I had the motor laying around from a 130A ESC/3800kv motor deal where the ESC and motor combined was cheaper than buying the ESC separately. I'm running a 19T Robinson Racing hardened steel pinion with the stock spur gear that I've had in the Typhon for a while. I don't have my GPS currently installed in the Typhon now to check the speed, but I can tell it's an improvement over the stock motor.

Back