What did you work on today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Waiting on my new chassis from Jenny's since I snapped mine in half so started playing around with Paula's typhon and added the wheelie bar/rear bumper to it from my senton. Fits perfectly! Love the interchangeable parts on these 3s rigs.

IMG_20230528_132118489_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230528_132153123_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230528_132225593_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
I've retired the Infraction 4x4 4s from speed runs. To be honest, I've given up on it. I can't get consistent runs. I can't even keep it on the road. The Typhon runs so much straighter, like it's on rails compared to the Infraction.

I swapped the power module including gearing to the Typhon, fitted front splitter, rear defuser, choons, R6FG RX and took it for a test run. Getting consistent 123-128km/h not at full throttle yet, so I'm happy with that as a starting point. I have a lot more confidence with it at speeds and it gets there easier.

20230529_165307.jpg

Edit: and fitted Infraction front shocks and tower.

Last edited:
I've retired the Infraction 4x4 4s from speed runs. To be honest, I've given up on it. I can't get consistent runs. I can't even keep it on the road. The Typhon runs so much straighter, like it's on rails compared to the Infraction.

I swapped the power module including gearing to the Typhon, fitted front splitter, rear defuser, choons, R6FG RX and took it for a test run. Getting consistent 123-128km/h not at full throttle yet, so I'm happy with that as a starting point. I have a lot more confidence with it at speeds and it gets there easier.

View attachment 302751
Edit: and fitted Infraction front shocks and tower.
Love the blacked out look. (y)

Well, yesterday.......I accomplished a lot. The Typhon is fine. Gave it a good once over. Good to go. The Summit needed a cleaning and a good once over. Good to go. The Granite needed a steering servo. Took mine out to put into my grandson's Granite. He hit a car tire and stripped the gears. Bought a couple S652's last fall from Jenny's. Got one installed and set the end points. Took it for a rip. My little wheelie king. Brings a smile to my face every time. And several neighborhood kids are very jealous. Lol. Wanted to install the chassis brace but, missing a couple pieces. Oh well. Another time.

Also have an ECX Circuit 2WD stadium truck. Bought it years ago. Lipos were still kinda scary to me. So...I put a 10T Monster motor in it, a better ESC and a 7 cell NiMH battery. Fast enough to be fun but, not dangerous. Keep it around to let newbies play. It's held up great this whole time. Until last summer. Landed wrong under power and broke a plastic drive axle. The LHS wanted 25.99 for a new set. Bought these instead.

https://www.amazon.com/Transmission...cphy=9019560&hvtargid=pla-1882512969511&psc=1

Perfect time to convert it to brushless. BUT....you need one of these. Forgot about that. I was at the LHS getting some misc stuff and they reminded me. They had one for 38.00. Been in the shop for a long time and took 5.00 off to get rid of it. Twist my arm. Lol.

https://www.amazon.com/ECX-Metal-Ge...ocphy=9019560&hvtargid=pla-613937437175&psc=1

Got it all buttoned up. Unfortunately, the connectors between the ESC and motor are different sizes. Didn't get to test it. Bummer. I'll post in a seperate thread. Ran out of time to get to the crawlers. Have a ton of hop-ups and mods purchased over the winter. Not enough time in a day.
20230527_183953.jpg
20230527_190150.jpg

Blew a front drive axel. Got the diff off and it’s pretty dry. 3S Typhon. Now….how to get this axel out? Do I need to take the whole diff apart? I’m pretty sure it’s bone dry almost. Again. I’m a noob trying to figure out how to do my own repairs. Got this far with no exploded view. It’s my “loaner” car to my buddies. But I hear about the diff fluids. Shock fluids. I haven’t checked a single rig yet. I’m going to have to just go for it. Recommendations I’m sure are plentiful.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Back