What did you work on today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I'm remodeling rooms in my house and changing out the old hollow doors to solid raised panel and figured do something with them , make RC shelves !!! Drill 2 3/8'' holes at corners , 2'' PVC 24'' long pieces , couplings to hold up the doors , new RC shelf !!!!

IMG_4842.JPG

IMG_4843.JPG

IMG_4848.JPG

Got the little pool we picked up all set up as it's been cooking in the high 90's all week. My fish of a daughter is definitely happy as she's already flopping around in the couple inches of water that's filled so far😂
IMG_20210620_145441958_HDR.jpg

Spent hours going through the garage looking for a speedway car chassis I was frankensteining... only to realise it was already mounted up under my speedway car body...... :oops: that I moved at least 3 times whilst searching.
Idk how many times I will be looking around for my phone while holding my phone. :cautious:

I broke my toof.
202104e6y5rthf620_214804.jpg

Last edited:
Got the new Granite body taped up and then put a layer of acrylic latex caulk over top. Wanted to try something different as last body I tried some thicker vinyl tape and it didn't help much at all.
IMG_20210621_103720477.jpg

Noticed that there was a lot of the Black Dust of Death(TM) inside the power module of the waifu's Granite, despite the fact that I'd put some shims in the day we got it, which seemed to work wonders on my Typhon. 🤷‍♂️ So I cleaned all of that out, checked if the motor bearing was still okay, then tried to remedy the issue.

The spur gear seemed to be slowly eroding this bottom section of the case:

20210622_143636.jpg

So I put an additional 2mm shim in the motor plate behind the bearing, raising the spur a bit more, which should hopefully fix things:

20210622_144022.jpg

Then I checked the two bearings on the outside of the slipper clutch assembly, which must've eaten a lot of that dreaded dust...
Sure enough one of them felt extremely gritty. And it just so happened to be the one that I knew to be a complete pain to get off. 😑

IMG-20210622-WA0000.jpeg

("Here comes a new challenger!")

Things turned out to be worse than I thought... That bloody bearing seriously wasn't going anywhere. Wasn't anywhere near this bad on the Typhon.
After a lot of prying and pulling and WD40 -- and cursing. Loads and loads of cursing. Like, all of the curse words -- I finally gave up, broke out the Dremel and gave the ol' metal cutting disc a spin:

20210622_131043.jpg

(Sphexish wins. Fatality.)

Next problem: getting the new bearing back on. It (again) wouldn't budge a millimeter from this position:

20210622_153612.jpg

("Round two. FIGHT!")

Behold! My latest, greatest creation:

20210622_170545.jpg

("This is my hole! It was made for me!")

20210622_170921.jpg

(Something this epic of course requires a fitting name!)

A few quick taps with the Hammer of Justice later, and the nefarious Bearingmaster was defeated.
And so, once again, the day was saved!

20210622_171244.jpg

(... by the Powerpuff tools Girls!)

Bearing Rammer 5000 lmfao 🤣

it’s amazing what we can do with some wood and a hole
I have a solder board 200, but it’s still a prototype

Solder board 200, intriguing... Is it made of wood? And have you tried adding holes to your prototype? 🤔

Seriously though, I really enjoy the peripherial bits of creativity and tinkering that come with this hobby. Building ramps or little jigs for stuff, modifying parts... I'm used to digital problem-solving but it's nice to actually be doing stuff with my hands again!

Last edited:
Noticed that there was a lot of the Black Dust of Death(TM) inside the power module of the waifu's Granite, despite the fact that I'd put some shims in the day we got it, which seemed to work wonders on my Typhon. 🤷‍♂️ So I cleaned all of that out, checked if the motor bearing was still okay, then tried to remedy the issue.

The spur gear seemed to be slowly eroding this bottom section of the case:

View attachment 153577

So I put an additional 2mm shim in the motor plate behind the bearing, raising the spur a bit more, which should hopefully fix things:

View attachment 153578

Then I checked the two bearings on the outside of the slipper clutch assembly, which must've eaten a lot of that dreaded dust...
Sure enough one of them felt extremely gritty. And it just so happened to be the one that I knew to be a complete pain to get off. 😑

View attachment 153584
("Here comes a new challenger!")

Things turned out to be worse than I thought... That bloody bearing seriously wasn't going anywhere. Wasn't anywhere near this bad on the Typhon.
After a lot of prying and pulling and WD40 -- and cursing. Loads and loads of cursing. Like, all of the curse words -- I finally gave up, broke out the Dremel and gave the ol' metal cutting disc a spin:

View attachment 153591
(Sphexish wins. Fatality.)

Next problem: getting the new bearing back on. It (again) wouldn't budge a millimeter from this position:

View attachment 153593
("Round two. FIGHT!")

Behold! My latest, greatest creation:

View attachment 153595
("This is my hole! It was made for me!")

View attachment 153594
(Something this epic of course requires a fitting name!)

A few quick taps with the Hammer of Justice later, and the nefarious Bearingmaster was defeated.
And so, once again, the day was saved!

View attachment 153597
(... by the Powerpuff tools Girls!)
The Persuader is the name of my BFH

Back