What upgrade parts would you want made?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi

Now we need to start bugging the heck out of Hot Racing to get them to start making aluminum hop ups.

Hardened steel dog bones and cups
Aluminum steering linkages
Aluminum shocks
2wd cvds
Hardened steel differential

Arrma Granite bls owner here.

Now we need to start bugging the heck out of Hot Racing to get them to start making aluminum hop ups.
While I wouldn't suggest "bugging" companies to produce parts for us, it does certainly help to make sure manufactures know we want to give them money and they might want to make parts for our cars. ;)

Some good shocks for the 1/10 vehicles. It would be nice if they used the BLX gearbox for the Mega series, too. I just figured up nearly $70 to upgrade to the BLX level gearox on top of a brushless setup. CVD's would be good, too...

Oh wait, you just said one...lol

So after posting this, I decided to bug RPM again..lol

I sent them an email last week, inquiring about parts for the Fury. They responded that nothing was in the plans, but maybe later on. They also said to feel free to send them further comments, so I just sent them this...

"Thank you for your response!
One item that would probably be well received, would be upper, front control arms. The Fury (Short Course Truck) and Granite (Monster Truck) both use the same arm, and the Raider (2wd buggy) has a slightly shorter arm. The main issue with them is the front shock goes through the arm, and it is fairly narrow. This makes it difficult to find a better aftermarket shock/spring to fit through the arm. If you were able to widen the gap up 2-3mm would make this easier. Maybe a slightly taller front shock tower as well, to help with shock selection, as the factory shocks are a little short compared to most."

And I sent them photos of the suspension on my Fury. Hopefully this will generate some interest from them in Arrma vehicles.

CNC steering linkage/servo saver with bearings instead of bushings and hardened steel pins. Basically something more durable than stock that has a fraction of the slop at the wheel. Oh, and for the granite, but i imagine a number of the arrma vehicles share that assembly. Just lmk where to send the check...

my vote for this one for all models

my vote for this one for all models

There is a picture floating around, most recently posted in the granite hub carrier thread, that shows some billet Arrma upgrade parts from a trade show a while back. I noticed that there is a steering linkage assembly shown. It's a pretty old picture but I suppose that means there is a chance for this one.

I am getting a bit skeptical about all those cover thingies...:rolleyes:
My neighbor bought one last week and when we went bashing in the woods...It was shredded...:D
And he still needed to clean his RC...:p

I am getting a bit skeptical about all those cover thingies...:rolleyes:
My neighbor bought one last week and when we went bashing in the woods...It was shredded...:D
And he still needed to clean his RC...:p
i cant talk for other brand,but..i had a jconcept polycarbonate lexan cover for my good old slash,with some velcro,and it was perfect for keeping the muddy slush snow mix out of my truck! without it the truck would simply get 3 inch of sh.. inside....i wasnt seeing any of my electronic anymore:) so it as saved me quite a couple days bashing in the snow.hope some company make some for my senton!

I have been thinking about this too.
Not only would I like to see upgraded stronger parts. But also parts that allow for more adjustability. Ie. A arms with more mounting holes for shocks, caster blocks, shock tower with more shock mount options. That would be awesome as well.
However, at this point I would just like the aluminum steering belcrank and some cvd's !
I did e mail RPM a few times. I also e mailed Hot Racing. I just noticed RPM has released a arms for the 1/8 arrmas! This is promising!

more Aluminium parts! like F/R lower Arms/upper Arms; servo saver with bearings full Aluminium; Aluminium F/R Hubs; Aluminium Diff Housing F/C/R; CVD's for all the Drivetrain with strenghtened and lightened exits

Right now we have so little options... Definitely more aluminum and RPM parts are needed. I always been happy with RPM a-arms and other parts. Rpm roll cage or more bumper and skid options. Aluminum parts i would probably choose first would be.. steering bell crank, rear hubs, front steering blocks,cent diff mount, top diff plate, and supension hinge plates and braces. I would of listed aluminum servo mount..but check... GKA.. has got the covered !

Yeah buddy! Even just a more durable plastic /nylon would be better than stock.. I think I will make my own n c how that goes.

Yeah you are right! I would like to have a wide range of upgrades for the Arrmas like Traxxas. This would be very nice! I think that we have to wait aprox. a half more year to see those parts on the market.
The demand is very high, almost everybody is waiting for the parts.

Yeah you are right! I would like to have a wide range of upgrades for the Arrmas like Traxxas. This would be very nice! I think that we have to wait aprox. a half more year to see those parts on the market.
The demand is very high, almost everybody is waiting for the parts.

Agreed!

Although I don't think Arrma parts will ever reach traxxas levels. I do think that there's sufficient demand for a wide variety of aftermarket parts. I hope there's parts for both the 1/10 line and the 1/8 line of Arrma vehicles. I have seen RPM recently released parts for the Arrma 1/8 scalers. This probably means that there will be more 1/8 scale parts comming very soon. And then hopefully they will come out with the parts for the 1/10 scale line .

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back