What did you work on today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My apologies I always try to share tips I've learned from all my wrenching over the years. I do this crap everyday and if I can help or offer creative solutions it makes it seem worth while lol..
I use a 4lb sledge (hate the bird shot deadblows). I'll hit straight on the face of the rotor between the studs, rotate and hit between the next and so on. Usually by time you get the rotor around it'll pop.. sometimes hitting the outer edge of the center downward can get em.
Don't screw up and hit the studs lol.
I never hit the outside of the rotors where the pads ride because I've messed up wheel bearings that way a few times.

Keep in mind I'm not telling you how to do it, just sharing what works for me and if its any help then fantastic 👌 😉

OH! The reason I ask about caliper pins is because this- I used to heat stuck caliper pins with a torch (I mean cutting torch.. its all I use). I'd heat them and grip them with vice grips and work them free.. clean the pins and hole up regreased and good to go, no need for new calipers brackets.. Until 1 day doing it a pin built up pressure apparently and shot out of the caliper like a gun going off. The pin shot across the shop like a bullet and just missed the tail end of a 68 camaro we were building, went straight through the plywood wall and dented the buildings outer steel wall pretty good. I was standing in front of that pin moments before that happened and just happened to move.. I'd done it hundreds of times and never seen 1 do it but now when I hear torch and breaks I think to share that story in hopes I prevent anyone else from doing that that way lol...
Moral of the story....4lb sledge is the best tool ever made.

Moral of the story....4lb sledge is the best tool ever made.
Hell yeah!! I smack dem sum bitchin rotors with one every time!! Stuck alloy wheels too!! With a block of wood in between of course, LOL. You don't want ur wheels dinged up, don't bring em to me to work on then! I ain't got time for pretty..just get it done so I can play with me toys!!😜😎🍻

Going to my LHS Saturday to run laps on the dirt 1/8 scale track with my friends that race on it , setting up the TLR Senton for it , ride height/ diffs to 7/10/5k , will run it and try suspension tuning .

IMG_2477.jpeg

Going to my LHS Saturday to run laps on the dirt 1/8 scale track with my friends that race on it , setting up the TLR Senton for it , ride height/ diffs to 7/10/5k , will run it and try suspension tuning .

View attachment 300206
Yeha!! Sounds like fun, good luck brother! Enjoy!!😁👍

Hell yeah!! I smack dem sum bitchin rotors with one every time!! Stuck alloy wheels too!! With a block of wood in between of course, LOL. You don't want ur wheels dinged up, don't bring em to me to work on then! I ain't got time for pretty..just get it done so I can play with me toys!!😜😎🍻

Chrome don't get you home. Here's a turd from my bay.

20230517_131149.jpg

Chrome don't get you home. Here's a turd from my bay.

View attachment 300221
I like that purple, Pulled the cover off and threw the battery charger on it, tiz the season.

Blueflame.jpeg

sunlightatlast.jpeg

Yeah I'm working on the Jeep like I'm supposed to be. Won't have the cam block till 5:30 or so, may not get the head out today dammit. For an extra bonus we have a heat wave going on all week. Won't need to clean the motor, I'll just sweat all over it and it'll self clean as I go.

tinybittogo.jpeg

I like that purple, Pulled the cover off and threw the battery charger on it, tiz the season.

View attachment 300258

View attachment 300261

Yeah I'm working on the Jeep like I'm supposed to be. Won't have the cam block till 5:30 or so, may not get the head out today dammit. For an extra bonus we have a heat wave going on all week. Won't need to clean the motor, I'll just sweat all over it and it'll self clean as I go.

View attachment 300262
Man! You sure got a lot of cool stuff for a fern feeler.. 😝 I’m super envious! 🤙

Man! You sure got a lot of cool stuff for a fern feeler.. 😝 I’m super envious! 🤙
The 54 and the T-bucket were my dads ( RIP ) cars. A bunch of my buddies and I built the bucket for my dad way back in the day, he footed the bill, we did all the work. The 54 I did pretty much most the work on that, he did the wiring I did all the body, it was a burnt mess. My dad "adopted" most of my friends growing up, they all liked him tremendously.

I still don't think of them as " mine " even though he's been gone for 13 years now, so they don't get nearly the use they should.

Put on another @3d-rc.myshopify.com wing mount that I snagged off Jay's Budweiser Buggy (sshhhh!) I'm gonna start using longer bolts & putting washers on each end cuz the nut always wants to spin in the hex hole. Also "fixed" the crack in the upper a arm w/ some Bob Smith ic2000. The Derecho is once again ready for some more abuse!🤣Crappy day @ work so now I'm gonna work on downing some beers!!!😃😅🍻

20230517_192136.jpg

20230517_192153.jpg

20230517_192855.jpg

20230517_192919.jpg

20230517_192843.jpg

View attachment 300258

View attachment 300261

View attachment 300262

Just triple check your timing when you get it back together. Turn it over by hand a couple times and verify because bad things can happen as I'm sure your well aware!
While your in there check the bearings in your roller rockers. They have a tendency from what I've seen to getting worn and causing tapping. Pretty much all the newer dodge motors suffer from that.
The 3.5 in the wife's journey sounds like a tank running from it....

Just triple check your timing when you get it back together. Turn it over by hand a couple times and verify because bad things can happen as I'm sure your well aware!
While your in there check the bearings in your roller rockers. They have a tendency from what I've seen to getting worn and causing tapping. Pretty much all the newer dodge motors suffer from that.
The 3.5 in the wife's journey sounds like a tank running from it....
I'm hip to the crap you have to look over on the 3.6, my cams appear to be beautiful and it's never had the nasty tic I hear on some.

Paint marked 'em so I don't have to worry.

paint.jpeg

I'm hip to the crap you have to look over on the 3.6, my cams appear to be beautiful and it's never had the nasty tic I hear on some.

Paint marked 'em so I don't have to worry.

View attachment 300335

Looking closely at your 1st/2nd cam lobe it appears like its been rubbing the rocker arm. Is it smooth across or is there a small groove on each side of the lobes?

I found a pic of the last 3.6 camshaft job I did. Check out the rear 2 lobes on the intake cam after riding directly on the rocker a while when the roller needle bearings gave out. Crazy stuff!

20210909_091958.jpg

Looking closely at your 1st/2nd cam lobe it appears like its been rubbing the rocker arm. Is it smooth across or is there a small groove on each side of the lobes?

I found a pic of the last 3.6 camshaft job I did. Check out the rear 2 lobes on the intake cam after riding directly on the rocker a while when the roller needle bearings gave out. Crazy stuff!

View attachment 300432

Made me nervous for a moment there, had to go and double check. Smooth as a babies butt, must have been a weird photo artifact. Whew

Back