What did you work on today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
852E98E7-6286-4605-8723-67AB579323D4.jpeg

Need an apprentice to move the cars around and test drive once you're done working on them? Please say yes, I work cheap.
The future isn’t bright here anymore. I went in as a joint partner and co owner. That all changed when he got married. She was given everything I built up and created. I’m now the low man on the totem pole and total disrespect for my skills and knowledge ?

Put a BLX2050kv motor in my ERBEv2 yesterday. Had to grind the motor mount to make a slot so I could install the pinion as the output shaft is shorter on this motor and not long enough to mount the pinion inverted. I should have taken a photo... Was able to get the mesh set nice and went from a traxxas/castle 2200kv to this, so changed the pinion from 16 to 18 to make up the difference. Also made some 6.5->4mm bullet extensions to reach the motor. The esc is a HPI F360C which is a rebadged MMv1.

2019-1111-ERBEv2-BLX2050Motor-Closup.jpg

2019-1111-ERBEv2-BLX2050Motor-ESCSide.jpg

2019-1111-ERBEv2-BLX2050Motor-ReceiverSide.jpg

2019-1111-ERBEv2-BLX2050Motor-Top.jpg

The motor is a couple mm shorter as well, which gives me a larger gap between the end of the can and the rear shock mount and chassis brace.

The future isn’t bright here anymore. I went in as a joint partner and co owner. That all changed when he got married. She was given everything I built up and created. I’m now the low man on the totem pole and total disrespect for my skills and knowledge ?
Those situations seriously grind my gears... Sorry to hear bro, really hope something turns a corner there for ya and starts to get you back right!!

Those situations seriously grind my gears... Sorry to hear bro, really hope something turns a corner there for ya and starts to get you back right!!
Thanks bro. Story of my life in many ways. Everyone somewhere will eventually let me down. Icing on the cake for me was when she wanted to fire me over the jaguar restoration and then told someone that she’s going to start being nicer to me. Only because the particular person who she hired is leaving. Note this person isn’t a tech, doesn’t know about cars, etc etc

Rebuilt the Typhon 3S:

FE Bearings

Diff fluid 50k

Rebuilt Shocks;
mix of 1k and 5k fluid
10mm tube on shafts to lower ride height
12mm preload on springs

HR metal pivot balls

Found HR caster block was bent and binding so I straightened it best I could.

Replaced a lot of screws that were coated in thread lock. Easier than cleaning.

New outer driveshafts

Finally had some time to sit down and get that tactic radio installed. In the process of installing a new servo. Had to run out and do a few errands then back to the servo. Already centered it and it was so smooth and quiet. Hopefully it acts the same under load.
20191112_165808.jpg

20191112_191132.jpg

Stripped down the kraton and put in the hr front and rear shock Towers along with chassis support braces new bearings throughout and cleaned out the diffs and put fresh fluid in them. Then gave her a fresh front end alignment and put new shoes on her all the way around dboots copperhead 2`s.

Just remounted a Minokawa that I broke a wheel at the skate park last time. I decided while I was at it I might as well vent them and my Backflip LPs too.

C3866FBF-686B-4AEF-8ECE-4BA2412254E1.jpeg

Rebuilt my 2019 Kraton from parts of my old OC and leftover JennysRC parts. And a few upgrade parts. And some mods of course that you may notice.
20191111_145530.jpg
20191111_145256.jpg
20191111_145205.jpg

I am so hooked on these Duratrax EX-Cons. Truggy Wheels/tires. They drive the best for me. Way better than the PL equivelents. workmanship and all. Grip is incredible. Dirt and grass only of course, unless you want them bald for asphalt use .LOL They truly bash well for me. Sealed the wheel vents and vented the tires. These premounts don't balloon too bad at all.
Used a spare front steering top plate for the rear of the chassis to tighten up rear chassis twist. Worked well for me. used two 25mm fans mounted to the motor at the hottest areas. not crazy about the white PL Brute Armor body. But I made it work. I don't recommend it. Body posts WILL break as they all say. Its so obvious. PL stuff is not all that.

Last edited:
I did the chassis and tower swap on my Kraton 4S. Waiting for my TBone bumper fix from @Camaroboy383 to print so I can get it running. I busted the last one on the jump that snapped the chassis and tower.

I am also finishing my Typhon 3S front airfoil/wing today. It just finished printing the end caps and I am going to be epoxying them to the main airfoil section. I have to do this because I have a 220x220mm limit on my buildplate of my 3D printer.

Rebuilt my 2019 Kraton from parts of my old OC and leftover JennysRC parts. And a few upgrade parts. And some mods of course that you may notice.View attachment 53664View attachment 53665View attachment 53666
I am so hooked on these Duratrax EX-Cons. Truggy Wheels/tires. They drive the best for me. Way better than the PL equivelents. workmanship and all. Grip is incredible. Dirt and grass only of course, unless you want them bald for asphalt use .LOL They truly bash well for me. Sealed the wheel vents and vented the tires. These premounts don't balloon too bad at all.
Used a spare front steering top plate for the rear of the chassis to tighten up rear chassis twist. Worked well for me. used two 25mm fans mounted to the motor at the hottest areas. not crazy about the white PL Brute Armor body. But I made it work. I don't recommend it.
Damn. That’s squeaky clean. I’d be too afraid to get dust on it ?

:LOL:Trust you me it is dirty now. LOL The way it should be. 3 runs is all you need to get it nice and dirty.

:LOL:Trust you me it is dirty now. LOL The way it should be. 3 runs is all you need to get it nice and dirty.
I know the feeling. The infraction is like a road sweeper as it sits so low

Cocked, ready to let it go!
I haven’t had time to touch my one. I still need to get batteries. I may go the spektrum smart route. If I get the limitless then I’ll get the whole deal - esc, motor etc

I haven’t had time to touch my one. I still need to get batteries. I may go the spektrum smart route. If I get the limitless then I’ll get the whole deal - esc, motor etc
I guess you missed the reference...

Back