What did you work on today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is my second. The first was my left knee, and it was life changing. I’m sure this one will be as well, I’m just impatient with the recovery. It’ll be absolutely awesome in a year, and I’ll be skiing giant slalom again when I can. I miss skiing so much, and I haven’t been able to do it for a few years now.
Right on so you what to expect just take your time

Sweet! So, how'd it drive? I like it with the FT rear bumper, looks good!
Haven't run it since the Talion shocks/towers swap, did that yesterday afternoon.
I ran the Trencher LPs (zero offset hubs) with the Notorious shocks/towers on Saturday and really liked the Trenchers, first impression I like them even more than the Backflip LPs. Just running 4s with an 18t pinion, stock electronics, not much ballooning.
Planning to run it this afternoon to try out the suspension swap.

Not working on a damned thing. Not today. Not yesterday, or the day before. Even before my knee replacement I hadn’t been to my hobby bench because I was taking care of projects I knew I wouldn’t be able to do while recovering from the surgery. I’m going a little nuts here…
I’m not supposed to attempt stairs yet until a PT assessment is done tomorrow and there are 13 of them separating me from my hobby. 🙄

I’ve been under the knife more than a couple times myself.. Definitely feel your pain, but you’ll get there brothaman!!

1713199632392.gif

Sweet! So, how'd it drive? I like it with the FT rear bumper, looks good!

Got it this afternoon, REALLY like the way it drives! I definitely handled turns easier without letting off the throttle as much. That was the biggest difference, worth the effort of swapping it out for the way I drive. :cool:

It wasn't exactly today..
But found out about it late yesterday afternoon.. when I felt like getting the lawn edged.

Come to find out some damn rodents used my weed wacker's fuel lines as chew toys. They gnawed through the tubing right near the fuel tank!
Had gasoline shoot out of there when I pulled on the start cord.
Damn rats!!

Nissan timing chains. 2017 I think with 77k miles. I should share with yall how many 2017-2018 I work on with less then 80k on them. It makes up most everyday of the week.

View attachment 361194

So Nissans aye...?
Would this timing chain problem include their Infiniti models also?

What about their GT-Rs??

So Nissans aye...?

What about their GT-Rs??
On a stock GTR, I haven’t heard of many going. They’re also less likely to have such high miles.
I know a couple guys who’ve had them replaced per shop recommendation when they were getting the motor tuned and modified, it’s a labor intensive process.

So Nissans aye...?

What about their GT-Rs??

Not a fan of thier chains on any models to be honest.
Not a fan of very many newer cars though from a mechanical standpoint.
Yes they make more power then they used too.. yes they get better milage... reliability though? Hardly.
Think back a few weeks when I posted the 22 gmc I had the heads off doing lifters at 60k miles.
Or look at the 23 gmc I just did a transmission in.. or the 21 gmc sitting there for a trans also.
Or the 2018 nissan rouge that has a stripped blend door and is a $3500 job to fix (its a $20 part... ).
Or the 2018 honda Hrv I just did a fuel pump in.
Or the 2015 ford diesel we got that won't run that we havnt diagnosed yet.

I just had 21 cars and most if them where 2017+ and something pretty big or costly to repair.
Doesn't matter what they are. They're all junk anymore.
Next victim- 2013 jeep needs a motor. This is what happens when you put oversized tires on a 3.6 CAR engine with small bearings and don't re-gear for the bigger tires. Bottom ends don't like being lugged around.

20240416_094722.jpg

Not a fan of thier chains on any models to be honest.
Not a fan of very many newer cars though from a mechanical standpoint.
Yes they make more power then they used too.. yes they get better milage... reliability though? Hardly.
Think back a few weeks when I posted the 22 gmc I had the heads off doing lifters at 60k miles.
Or look at the 23 gmc I just did a transmission in.. or the 21 gmc sitting there for a trans also.
Or the 2018 nissan rouge that has a stripped blend door and is a $3500 job to fix (its a $20 part... ).
Or the 2018 honda Hrv I just did a fuel pump in.
Or the 2015 ford diesel we got that won't run that we havnt diagnosed yet.

I just had 21 cars and most if them where 2017+ and something pretty big or costly to repair.
Doesn't matter what they are. They're all junk anymore.
Next victim- 2013 jeep needs a motor. This is what happens when you put oversized tires on a 3.6 CAR engine with small bearings and don't re-gear for the bigger tires. Bottom ends don't like being lugged around.

View attachment 361274
I get what you’re saying, but I’m going to be the devils advocate. Every repair you just mentioned (minus the “stripped blend door” (I know not WTF that is…) has always been fixed here and there for low mileage cars. I’ve been wrenching since the ‘70’s and have fixed a sh’t ton of trannies, fuel pumps, pulled the heads for complete valve jobs, etc. etc. etc. on cars that were so bad that none of the big 3 could make an engine that wasn’t toast at 100k miles. Remember those days? For any tech to say “they don’t build them like they used to” I’d agree. And I’d be happy for that. Automobiles are far, far superior to anything Chevy, Chrysler, or Ford could have ever imagined in the ‘70’s.
And people were putting big tires on off-roaders with no regard of gearing changes since how long? 😂

I'm starting to think this truck is cursed. Decided to fix my steering woes with GPM parts. Anybody see the problem?
20240416_201440.jpg
20240416_201443.jpg

Stock traxxas spline size, stamped 25t 🤦‍♂️. Just my luck.

I also bought New Bellcranks and possibly a bit of bling....
20240416_201455.jpg

This does not mean I'm getting a soft spot for this truck.....

Back