What did you work on today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put a Sig Sauer Romeo 5 red dot on my AR-15.

6920 with Sig Sauer red dot.jpg

Fixed my hand me down laptop. Our oldest daughter upgraded her computer last year because the charge port quit working. It sat around for quite awhile.. but I needed a PC to do firmware updates and other stuff on my RC’s. So I decided to finally try and fix it after debating on taking it to a shop. Glad I didn’t as it was a five minute fix for $7. Hell yea!! It works mint! Just need to replace the old battery that won’t hold a charge for more than an hour. Good news is the battery is only about $30. So I’ll have a dedicated Rc pc for less than a repair on one of my rigs. 😁

43C88BA2-FD43-4770-9FA4-70D91F9A94C5.jpeg
7B6E25E3-FBDF-4EB9-AB7A-7A9DE9014BB9.jpeg
7215D1CC-2A07-438C-ABF3-0D3060870B7A.jpeg
BC262B88-7ACE-494C-A5DA-5A5F0340B7C1.jpeg

Also got the stickers changed out for more appropriate rc ones. 👌

2B67E9C4-8DEF-497D-8077-A9FAD44409F7.jpeg

Pried the pinion off that I broke my mip driver off in. Don't have a gear puller yet, so I hope I didn't bend the motor shaft or damage anything else. Put on the 20t pinion in the pseudo tlr. Also took the bricked 35kg servo out of the typhotank and put in a 25kg amazon cheapie that I had lying around. So, back up to 2 running rigs!🙂 for the time being anyway- gotta go out for a rip!!!

Pried the pinion off that I broke my mip driver off in. Don't have a gear puller yet, so I hope I didn't bend the motor shaft or damage anything else. Put on the 20t pinion in the pseudo tlr. Also took the bricked 35kg servo out of the typhotank and put in a 25kg amazon cheapie that I had lying around. So, back up to 2 running rigs!🙂 for the time being anyway- gotta go out for a rip!!!
Be careful. 1717 1650kv doesn't take much to bend. Ask how I know 🤣

Last edited:
Fixed my hand me down laptop. Our oldest daughter upgraded her computer last year because the charge port quit working. It sat around for quite awhile.. but I needed a PC to do firmware updates and other stuff on my RC’s. So I decided to finally try and fix it after debating on taking it to a shop. Glad I didn’t as it was a five minute fix for $7. Hell yea!! It works mint! Just need to replace the old battery that won’t hold a charge for more than an hour. Good news is the battery is only about $30. So I’ll have a dedicated Rc pc for less than a repair on one of my rigs. 😁

View attachment 232966View attachment 232968View attachment 232967View attachment 232969

Also got the stickers changed out for more appropriate rc ones. 👌

View attachment 232970
That's a first!
I've not seen a charge port that's NOT soldered onto the mobo in the laptop before.. Such an easy and convenient repair. Good job.

But, You REALLY got lucky on this one..
Usually its a pain in the the ass to have to remove ALL the tiny screws, heatsink(s) and other subassemblies holding down the entire mobo and take it out of the laptop casing ,just to get to the port to de-soldered it and replace with new ,and then reassemble everything back.

Last edited:
Back